Applications launching but not running

HK

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2004

I recently re-installed Windows XP Professional SP2 on a new
Asus-motherboard based system and I'm having some strange behavior.

I have two applications that used to run flawlessly on my older PC which now
do not launch properly. When I double-click to start the application, the
disk spins up, I get a momentary hourglass and then, nothing.

I check the Task Manager and the application is not in the application list
but it is in the processes list. The two applications that I'm having a
problem with are Mozilla Firefox 0.8 and LG PowerProducer (OEM software with
my DVD drive).

Any ideas? If this helps at all, I tired the latest Firefox (1.0.2) and it
does launch but constantly hangs.

TIA,

HK

In article <M8CdnQpJbLefVf7fRVn-iA@golden.net>,
HK <nospamplz@notarealaddress.com> wrote:
>I recently re-installed Windows XP Professional SP2 on a new
>Asus-motherboard based system and I'm having some strange behavior.
>
>I have two applications that used to run flawlessly on my older PC which now
>do not launch properly. When I double-click to start the application, the
>disk spins up, I get a momentary hourglass and then, nothing.
>
>I check the Task Manager and the application is not in the application list
>but it is in the processes list. The two applications that I'm having a
>problem with are Mozilla Firefox 0.8 and LG PowerProducer (OEM software with
>my DVD drive).
>
>Any ideas? If this helps at all, I tired the latest Firefox (1.0.2) and it
>does launch but constantly hangs.
>
>TIA,
>
>HK

FF does this to me once in a while, every couple weeks. I kill it in
task manager and it works fine for a while. I don;t use your other software
but try killing it.

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

HK

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2004

Thanks Al, I know I can kill it but I'd like to use the application. If I
kill it and start it again, it still doesn't work. What I'm more curious
about is the apps that show up as Processes but not Applications.