windows 98 upgrade to windows xp home edition and anti virus

I recently tried to upgrade to xp and after it was done my virus protection
no longer functioned. I am using norton anti virus 2005 and norton system
works 2002. I ended up rolling back the xp installation to 98 and
reinstalling NAV and it seems to be working like it used to. can anyone giv
eme some info on how to get xp installed and still have my virus protection?
--
Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Greg

Maybe you should have re-installed NAV 2005 while XP was still in place..
not quite sure why you chose to roll back before doing that..

Upgrade again with NAV turned off.. if NAV will not turn back on, re-install
it, this time without returning to Win 98..

Ensure that the XP firewall is active, then go online and get the updates
for all of it.. don't forget SP2..

Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm