standyby on and off

when my system is not in use it goes to standby mode, but it wakes up on its
own. It keeps repeating this over and over every 2-5 minutes. Someone
suggested to c heck the network card properties and the wake on lan, but
unfortunatly I don't know how to do that. Please help.

"proly" <proly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when my system is not in use it goes to standby mode, but it wakes up
> on its
> own. It keeps repeating this over and over every 2-5 minutes.
> Someone
> suggested to c heck the network card properties and the wake on lan,
> but
> unfortunatly I don't know how to do that. Please help.

To do this,

Start>Run and type

devmgmt.msc

Find "Network Adapters" then click the "+" beside "Network Adapters".
Double-click the adapter under Network Adapters. Go to the "Power
Management" tab and uncheck "Allow this device to bring the computer out
of standby". Then click OK.

Good Luck

--
William