Who ELSE is tired of spening $every 6 months -_-!

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
man.. i just ordereed a 9500pro off ebay for 112 bux, yes its new, just no cd's or books its 100$ oem

but man, i just bought this Ti4200 like, 7 months ago

sheesh this is retarded im almost about to give up this hobby.. i cant even consider myself a hobbiest anymore because i hvae equipment thats 2 generations old! how can people keep up , like i am 20, have a goodjob forsomeone my age with no college degree (work in tech support , everyone has college except me) and make decent money but i still cant keep up!

WTF @ 8 MONTH PRODUCT CYCLES EAFHGHGSDS#E@#$

-------
<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">please dont click here! </A>

Yahoo, you are now on the DarkRED side of the Force.. err fence... uuhh whatever! :cool:

Obviously the answer to your problem is to work at FutureShop! :evil:

The funny thing is your NEW card is like 18 months old and replaces one that came out 24+ months ago! :tongue:

8-12month product cycles, with a 6-12 month lag for you. HEhe! :wink:

The thing is you didn't really NEED to upgrade (you CAN play all the modern games on a GF4ti, just without all the goodies), and people like myself who have the money for the new hardware are sitting here with our tax return (get money because of RRSPs thank you), without the stuff we should have been able to buy for X-mas, or Birthday presents for ourselves.

Where's my Socket 939 PCI-EX equiped RS4XX AMD64 MOBO, and my PCI-EX DX 9.1/9.0C graphics card and my HL2/D]|[/Stalker?

I undertsand what you're going through, but believe me, it's ALWAYS been this way. And even when it was slightly slower, it was a BAD time, not a good time. It's nice to have new stuff instead of being stuck playing Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament (not 2K3/2K4) on the R8500/GF4ti.

I hear, you, but unlike Clinton, I'm very cold and don't feel your pain. :wink:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
why did you upgrade to a 9500 pro from a card that was nearly the same performance level. that card would have lasted you another 5 months easily.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 64.246.52.144:27015
now featuring (optional) cheating death!

Vimp

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2003
As much as I complain about the prices too I must say you sound rather funny. Reminds me of my brother who paid for an expensive apartment and expensive car and then would complain that he has no money for food. Seriously you should be able to afford alot better in your case as far as I can tell. Also inless you have money to burn it ain't smart to buy new hardware every new hardware generation because your wasting tons of money that way. For instance if some bought a Geforce4 midrange card when it was new they'ed perhaps have paid $250-300 Canadian, and then the next generation you buy the new midrange videocard for the same price. Or you could buy every second generation and afford the top of the line card and enjoy a much better and longer lasting enjoyment from your money. My self I currently have bought every 3-4 generations I believe its been. Got Monster Fusion 3DFX card when it was new and then a couple generations later got a Geforce 256 Pro(Upgraded to Geforce2 GTS for free due to warrenty) when it was new and now my latest purchase, the GeforceFX 5900XT. My next purchase will probably be 2005 or 2006 generation of hardware.

<font color=blue>_____________________________________</font color=blue>
Canada
Asus A7N8X-X, Athelon XP 2500+ Barton,
Samsung 1024mb DDR400, MSI GeforceFX5900 XT.
Aquamark=<b>34702</b>

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
8-12month product cycles, with a 6-12 month lag for you. HEhe!

I hear, you, but unlike Clinton, I'm very cold and don't feel your pain.

hahah .. hhahhaha

thast all i gotta say

-------
<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">please dont click here! </A>

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
why did you upgrade to a 9500 pro from a card that was nearly the same performance level. that card would have lasted you another 5 months easily.

im NOT going to tell you why a 9500pro is superior to a GF4TI because its 1.5 year old information..

go read some benchmark sites, espeically ones that emphasize pixel-vertex shader/Ansio-filtering/anti-alliasing performance. you dont know, might be worth while looking up for your own enlightenment

flame: suck it whore im still using a Palomino ;)

-------

baldurga

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2002
First, a hobby is always a plus, and always need more for enjoy.

Second, instead of spending $100 of Ti4200 and 100$ on 9500Pro, WHY don't you wait some months (as others mention) and buy something more powerfull?

Translation: don't upgrade so quick, and when you do it go for something can last a year at least.

For example, now I won't but a 9500Pro, I would go for 9800NP ($175) or 9800Pro ($210). Even the 9600XT is not worth considering the small diference with 9800NP and that right now there is no HL coupons on it.

Still looking for a <b>good online retailer</b> in Spain :frown:

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
well you have a great point with waiting..

but there always comes a point when the waiting has to stop, and one must plunge into a purchase

that time is now for me, because its been much too long...

the thing is, is it worth it? im not a teenager anymore (im 21, still feel like one) so i dont have 12 hours+ a day to spend gaming.. and 3D rendering isnt THAT much of an interest anymore, altho its the main thing about computers that i read up on , as a daily activity.. i still love it, vidoe cards are amazing things..

the analogy that they are like little computers within themselves has been made my myself and others before.. little processors complete with ram, memory controllers, and all hte other things that make computers what they are except for permanent storage.. video card advancements are AT LEASt as imporant as the improvements on CPUs.. without modern video cards, we would be stuck with 256 color VGA, no matter what CPU we have

so yea. its annoying to have to upgrade this GF4TI already to what is ALREADY very sub-par equipemnt

-------

baldurga

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2002
I know what you mean ... I'm 30 since two months ago, work hard from Monday to Friday, and my wife doesn't like if I spend too much time playing :-D

IMO is worth if you feel comfortable with it. I don't buy a lot of stuff, but components stay for much time in my rig. My mobo is an Epox 8KHA+ (KT266A chipset). Not really a new one! :eek: . Until recently I was running Palomino 1700+ but now I upgrade to mobile Barton 2400+. That costs $77, but gives me a nice upgrade as is unlocked and can change multi in windows. Even it is not a top of the line combo, it can do its job pretty well.

About GPUs, I agree with you, beautiful pieces of hardware. I am still running a Gainward GF3. I am so proud about it that is hard for me to take it out. Even it is not powerfull enough for most up to date games, it was and is a very good exemple of great silicon. I should sell it and buy a new one ... sooner I think :frown:

Most of the time I just read about all the stuff and enjoy with technical explanations that increases my knowledge.

Still looking for a <b>good online retailer</b> in Spain :frown:

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
yes learning about how things work internally, and how the industry is evolving (is literally is before our eyes at a very rapid rate) is probably the only reason why i keep up with it.. im not really a gamer anymore, altho i do play every day almost.. well every 2nd or 3rd day now ;)

hmm actually its been a week sinse i played a video game WTF IS WRONG WIHT ME ARRGH NOOOOOoo

-------

speeduk

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
I have a crap part time job and i keep up just fine. =)

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7719803" target="_new"> My rig </A>

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
i bet computer parts take up your whole budget eh? ;)

cant afford to do that when teres so many other things.. ive hadmy times when my entire paycheque formonths went into my tower..

but now theres other things that i want likea new guitar, a new piano, recording equipment, a tv/dvdplayer , pot, beer, wine, and i havent gone to college and really i could save up 2 years of tuition over 1 year of werkingif i keep expenses down...

just hard to justify it anymore, espeically sinse the industry has picked up so much

-------

speeduk

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
Well i do a bit of weelin and deelin so the expense is worth it for me...... Like this 9800pro bought special deal £30 cheaper than normal that flashed to XT.....

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7719803" target="_new"> My rig </A>

pauldh

Illustrious
I don't think it was a bad upgrade at all. Sure a 9800 pro would be better, sure you could wait and spend $500 on R420/NV40, sure both of those should have a longer life for you, and sure the GF4Ti4200 can still play games.

BUT anyone knows that there are many reasons why the 9500 pro is a better gaming card than the GF4Ti4200. Who here would be talking about GF4Ti's in a possitive note and recommending Ti4200's for value over this past year, if R9500 Pro's were in the sub-$100 pricing range? $100 was a very good price. Now hit Best Buy with the money you saved over a FX5900XT/R9800 Pro and buy a copy of farcry for $29.99 this week, and enjoy the Upgrade. Nice find phial.

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 512MB Corsair TwinX PC3200LL, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt

pauldh

Illustrious
Of course you'll need to upgrade more often buying older hardware, but then again you are paying half price from what other people first paid. So it's win/win or lose/lose depending on your outlook.

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 512MB Corsair TwinX PC3200LL, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
the performance difference is not worth 100 bucks. you could have waited another year at least and gotten by with that card. if you didnt want to simply get by, you should have bought a card that was more than a couple steps ahead of the card you already had. thats like buying a new car just because it has 20 more hp than your old one.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 64.246.52.144:27015
now featuring (optional) cheating death!

khrisjon1205

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2003
all this upgrade talk, im still using a geforce 4 mx440. just bought unreal tourament 2004 game runs fine and the graphics r amazing.

However i lie. next week im buying myself an 9800 pro
at the mo i get 200 3d marks (2003) should c an improvement...

peace

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
LMAO!

Me: are you saying I can't provide?
Me: cause I know I can provide.
Me: oh and I can provide money too;)
Rachel:): why do we need money when we can just stay in our room and have sex all day?

DonnieDarko

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2004
"and people like myself who have the money for the new hardware...." no offense but are you a republican? cause you bring up the fact that you have money alot.

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
no offense but are you a republican? cause you bring up the fact that you have money alot.
<b>donniedorko</b>, Get the Fck off our forums and never come back you stoopid n00b....I'm serious..

<A HREF="http://rmitz.org/AYB3.swf" target="_new">All your base are belong to us.</A>
<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2216718" target="_new"><b>3DMark03</b></A>

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
Anyone who was around during the time Phial accidentilly transitioned from an 8500 to a Ti4200, know's how miserable he's been....he can see no good in nVidia cards. Glad to hear the good new's Phial, I hope this makes you post here more:)

<A HREF="http://rmitz.org/AYB3.swf" target="_new">All your base are belong to us.</A>
<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2216718" target="_new"><b>3DMark03</b></A>

markgun

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2002
You should've just bought the 9500Pro instead of the Ti4200 back when you fried your 8500LE! :tongue:

<b>Qui habet aures audiendi audiat</b>