wtf , ati radeon 9800xt is gay ?

WrathFox

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2004
hi , i have a 3ghz , 1024 ram , ati radeon 9800xt , asus a7n8x deluxe motherboard , so its a pretty nice comp . But , something seems wrong , my fps on games such as unreal tournament 2003/2004 is always diffrent , sometimes its lower then with my old ge4 ! why is it like this ? what should i change to get a good frame rate ? my friend that has a exactly same comp only that he has a geforce fx 5700 ultra has a steady 150 fps on ut2k4 while i have a unstable 40-100 , how can that be ? shouldnt my graphic card be way better then his ? i run catalyst 4.3 and i have default settings on (havent changed anything)

o_O

TheRod

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
i have a 3ghz , 1024 ram , ati radeon 9800xt , asus a7n8x deluxe motherboard
If you really have a 3GHz AMD chip, I would really like to see it!

For your performance problems...

- First, get rid of Kazaa and all the virus and trojans you have.
- Second, remove all your graphic drivers with Driver Cleaner and/or Detonator RIP and/or Detonator Destroyer...
- Third, install the latest Catalyst drivers from ATI website.
- Fourth, check the settings in your game and make sure you have the same settings as your friend (same res. same level of details, etc...)
- Fifth, enjoy your game and next time you buy a PC, get a GOOD HDD and don't install a ton of spyware, etc...

--
Would you buy a potato powered chipset?

you might still remnants of your nvidia drivers causing problems.

their drivers are known to hang around even after the card has been removed and drivers are deleted.

<A HREF="http://www.cameronwilliamson.com" target="_new">-={Apostalic Alcoholic.}=-</A>

WrathFox

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2004
right lol, i dont have any spyware or kazaa, i have formated c and i dont have any trojans / virus , and ofc , we have tested the [-peep-] on the same resolution yay

o_O

cleeve

Illustrious
Driver remnants are not the same as spyware or adware.

Also make sure you're not running with antialiassing or anistropic filtering if all you want are high framerates.

Um, yay.

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
If you are both running at "default" graphical settings (in game, and/or in the graphic cards display properties) then you my friend, are running higher detail than him.

Do not doubt your purchase, your card is 4 times as good as his.

Try this on both your computers for proof.

In the graphic cards display properties (right click desktop, properties, settings, advanced...) manually set (don't use the performance slider.. use "custom") both of your cards to use 4x AA (anti-aliasing) and 8x anisotropic filtering (use quality on both).

Now play ut2k4 at 1024x768, both with MAX details in the settings menu.

Watch his unplayable POS get owned and go sub 20s, while you'll stay above 40 in the most intense situations. Your avg. FPS will be much higher, as will your minimum. It'll also look pretty as hell:)

Me: are you saying I can't provide?
Me: cause I know I can provide.
Me: oh and I can provide money too;)
Rachel:): why do we need money when we can just stay in our room and have sex all day?