New names for ATI/nVidia

TheRod

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=2018" target="_new">The article</A>

Not that bad, but not very original...

<b><font color=red>Radeon X800</font color=red></b> (X600, X300 will come later)
<b><font color=green>Geforce 6800</font color=green></b> (no "FX")

Will they call the next Radeon Y800??? :smile:

--
Would you buy a potato powered chipset?

pauldh

Illustrious
Well, I have been away a few days so have been out of the latest news loop. But this was nice info to come back to. I for one have been curious about the names and of course the release dates also. Thx for the link.

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 512MB Corsair TwinX PC3200LL, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt

TheRod

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
Actually, I find a lot of tech info everywhere these days, except from TOM'S.

And these weeks are not very good for reviews, not much new products!

--

pauldh

Illustrious
I look around everywhere myself when I am home. But also rely on Grape and others to point out what I miss. Thx again for the link as with my catching up to do it might have been days till I saw it myself.

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 512MB Corsair TwinX PC3200LL, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt

Actually this has been floating out there for a bit. Does gain more credibility with each new 'confirmation'.

However FUAd said it's likely that the R423 will have a different name, and will NOT be an X800 part.

Funny I rmemeber mentioning that there may be an X-name when we were talking about what they would be called. X=10.

Not too surprising, but definitely better than 10,800. Still think colours would be better.

The Radeon Brimstone, and the Radeon Mauve. :wink:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
getting rid of the "FX" name is a smart idea imo

it has so much attached to it.. 3dmark03 cheating... drivers.. all the rest

not that suprised ATi stuck with Radeon tho. wtf does Radeon mean anways???

-------
<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">please dont click here! </A>

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
Radeon = Geforce Ass kicker

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy
never tried to go crazy when it comes to o/cing.
THGC's resident Asian and Graphics Forum's resident nVboy :D

TheRod

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
getting rid of the "FX" name is a smart idea imo
it has so much attached to it.. 3dmark03 cheating... drivers.. all the rest
It's not the FX name that got bad press, it's "nVidia GeForce". Lots of my friends/collegues still thinks that GeForce are the better GPU on the market, they don't even know how to distinguish the varients of it! They only know the name. And by the way, these people have never heard of the "driver cheating" issue, because they don't read web site and this king of news don't make journals front page or 6PM TV news.

--