sata as boot drive for WINXP

I just bought a motherboard that uses sata and I can set it as the boot
drive but I need to know how to do a clean install of my win xp
I used the disk utility hat came with the hard drive to set partitions but
no matter what the operating system wont recognize the drive I want to
install to
HELP!
TiA

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

You need the SATA Raid Drivers that came with your mother board. It
should have come in a diskette. If it didnt check with your mobo
manufaterer web site.
When installing Win XP, right at the beggining it says press F6(i
think) to install addionation drives(like scsi or sata)
You press F6 and the it will ask you to put the diskette inside, put
it, select the drivers for Win XP and the it should recognize the disk
just fine.

Hope this helps,
Dan

1st one enable the SATA controllers in the BIOS,usually thiers 3 settings
to adjust from default,then boot to xp cd,press F6,press S specify,select
the controller,you almost need to run this 2X,once the text says its loading
the files you can then exit and continue on and install xp.