Networking problem - Need HELP!!!

April 18, 2005 9:17:23 PM

I have installed a problem on 2 computers that continues to locks up (not
responding). After I end task in task manager it looses it's network path
for the data it uses. The drive is disconnected.

Here's the strange part to me - After it gets disconnected I am unable to
map a network drive with any credentials until reboot. I have never seen
this before.

It does this on any computer I install it on. The data is located on a
Windows 2000 Advanced server computer on a domain. The users have
administrator rights and domain admin rights.

After a reboot it works fine for a while until it locks up (not responding)
again.

Any suggestions on where to look to get this resolved?

Thanks

Larry

More about : networking problem

Anonymous
April 18, 2005 9:17:24 PM

"Larry" <Larriet@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:o JqdnUA_AeN5vvnfRVn-pw@comcast.com...
>I have installed a problem on 2 computers that continues to locks up (not
>responding). After I end task in task manager it looses it's network path
>for the data it uses. The drive is disconnected.
> Here's the strange part to me - After it gets disconnected I am unable to
> map a network drive with any credentials until reboot. I have never seen
> this before.
> It does this on any computer I install it on. The data is located on a
> Windows 2000 Advanced server computer on a domain. The users have
> administrator rights and domain admin rights.
> After a reboot it works fine for a while until it locks up (not
> responding) again.
>
> Any suggestions on where to look to get this resolved?
>
> Thanks
>
> Larry

Larry

Your question is not clear. Maybe you could ask again in different words.
When you say you installed a problem do you mean a program? What was the
program? Does the server lock up and no one can connect or do the
workstations lock up?

Kerry
!