HELP !! HELP !! FORM CLEARED VS BEING SENT

I have had a problem with one particular site that allows a form to fill out,
with the option of sending a copy to my email... all well and good.
I have, twice now, progressed through inputing a quite large email/response,
and the choices selections are side by side ... on to send the email right
next to "clear this form", and, dang it all, twice now I have been typing a
response QUICKLY, and then accidentally hit the "clear this form", while
typing (I was not yet finished but hit it accidentally .... it didn't send a
copy to my email, so it must have "cleared" the form.....
Is there ANY WAY I can locate what I had already typed and rescue it , or
has it been sent to the "Twilight Zone" ??
--
Thanks for any help ----
25or624

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:CD972230-354C-4982-A817-B51C44C21791@microsoft.com,
25or624 <25or624@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I have had a problem with one particular site that allows a form to
> fill out, with the option of sending a copy to my email... all well
> and good.
> I have, twice now, progressed through inputing a quite large
> email/response, and the choices selections are side by side ... on to
> send the email right next to "clear this form", and, dang it all,
> twice now I have been typing a response QUICKLY, and then
> accidentally hit the "clear this form", while typing (I was not yet
> finished but hit it accidentally .... it didn't send a copy to my
> email, so it must have "cleared" the form.....
> Is there ANY WAY I can locate what I had already typed and rescue it
> , or has it been sent to the "Twilight Zone" ??

Nope. It's gone... 99.9% of the time at any rate. If you're still on the
page and the page refreshed WHEN you clicked the clear button (which is just
plain bad web scripting and unlikely to be encountered) and is the old page
is still in memory then there's the 0.1% chance that you can press the back
button and have it still be there. Other than that? No but the bonus is that
next time you type it you'll have worded it better probably and typed it
faster. See? It's helping both your English, Language, and Internet Usage
skills. You have to be positive about these things. It happens to all of us.

Galen

Galen...
Thanks for your response.
I was afraid that was going to be the answer ... I hate when the choices
like that are so close together.
Maybe, somewhere in a galaxy far, far away, the ET's will be all excited
about trying to make sense out of my info.

Thanks again, Galen