HELP !! HELP !! FORM CLEARED VS BEING SENT

I have had a problem with one particular site that allows a form to fill out,
with the option of sending a copy to my email... all well and good.
I have, twice now, progressed through inputing a quite large email/response,
and the choices selections are side by side ... on to send the email right
next to "clear this form", and, dang it all, twice now I have been typing a
response QUICKLY, and then accidentally hit the "clear this form", while
typing (I was not yet finished but hit it accidentally .... it didn't send a
copy to my email, so it must have "cleared" the form.....
Is there ANY WAY I can locate what I had already typed and rescue it , or
has it been sent to the "Twilight Zone" ??
--
Thanks for any help ----
25or624

    In news:CD972230-354C-4982-A817-B51C44C21791@microsoft.com,
    25or624 <25or624@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > I have had a problem with one particular site that allows a form to
    > fill out, with the option of sending a copy to my email... all well
    > and good.
    > I have, twice now, progressed through inputing a quite large
    > email/response, and the choices selections are side by side ... on to
    > send the email right next to "clear this form", and, dang it all,
    > twice now I have been typing a response QUICKLY, and then
    > accidentally hit the "clear this form", while typing (I was not yet
    > finished but hit it accidentally .... it didn't send a copy to my
    > email, so it must have "cleared" the form.....
    > Is there ANY WAY I can locate what I had already typed and rescue it
    > , or has it been sent to the "Twilight Zone" ??

    Nope. It's gone... 99.9% of the time at any rate. If you're still on the
    page and the page refreshed WHEN you clicked the clear button (which is just
    plain bad web scripting and unlikely to be encountered) and is the old page
    is still in memory then there's the 0.1% chance that you can press the back
    button and have it still be there. Other than that? No but the bonus is that
    next time you type it you'll have worded it better probably and typed it
    faster. See? It's helping both your English, Language, and Internet Usage
    skills. You have to be positive about these things. It happens to all of us.

    Galen

    Galen...
    Thanks for your response.
    I was afraid that was going to be the answer ... I hate when the choices
    like that are so close together.
    Maybe, somewhere in a galaxy far, far away, the ET's will be all excited
    about trying to make sense out of my info.

    Thanks again, Galen

    "Galen" wrote:

    > In news:CD972230-354C-4982-A817-B51C44C21791@microsoft.com,
    > 25or624 <25or624@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > > I have had a problem with one particular site that allows a form to
    > > fill out, with the option of sending a copy to my email... all well
    > > and good.
    > > I have, twice now, progressed through inputing a quite large
    > > email/response, and the choices selections are side by side ... on to
    > > send the email right next to "clear this form", and, dang it all,
    > > twice now I have been typing a response QUICKLY, and then
    > > accidentally hit the "clear this form", while typing (I was not yet
    > > finished but hit it accidentally .... it didn't send a copy to my
    > > email, so it must have "cleared" the form.....
    > > Is there ANY WAY I can locate what I had already typed and rescue it
    > > , or has it been sent to the "Twilight Zone" ??
    >
    > Nope. It's gone... 99.9% of the time at any rate. If you're still on the
    > page and the page refreshed WHEN you clicked the clear button (which is just
    > plain bad web scripting and unlikely to be encountered) and is the old page
    > is still in memory then there's the 0.1% chance that you can press the back
    > button and have it still be there. Other than that? No but the bonus is that
    > next time you type it you'll have worded it better probably and typed it
    > faster. See? It's helping both your English, Language, and Internet Usage
    > skills. You have to be positive about these things. It happens to all of us.
    >
    > Galen
    > --
    > Signature changed for a moment of silence.
    > Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.

Support Email Microsoft Windows XP