Popup question

April 18, 2005 9:55:28 PM

I am getting this one specific popup repeatedly, that popup blockers
won’t block. It appears as" http://69.28.210.175" or when my
spywaredoctor message comes up it appears as "jseedcorn.cjt1.net"
And now with my spyware doctor, instead of an actual ad, the screen
just comes up blank, and I get a message from spyware doctor saying
"Spyware Doctor has detected that you are trying to access a site
that has high probability of containing harmful content. Would you
like to continue?"

I click no everytime, and then it says access to this site has been
blocked at your request, but it still comes back every 5 minutes.

The ad appears as" http://69.28.210.175" or when my spywaredoctor
message comes up it appears as "jseedcorn.cjt1.net"

How can I get rid of this annoying thing? :evil:

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Popup-ftopi...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1144061

More about : popup question

April 18, 2005 10:55:42 PM

In news:3_1144061_9bd3b3855b23ccaf0469baaaf9412cb1@windowsforumz.com,
jdub23 <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> had this to say:

> I am getting this one specific popup repeatedly, that popup blockers
> won't block. It appears as" http://69.28.210.175" or when my
> spywaredoctor message comes up it appears as "jseedcorn.cjt1.net"
> And now with my spyware doctor, instead of an actual ad, the screen
> just comes up blank, and I get a message from spyware doctor saying
> "Spyware Doctor has detected that you are trying to access a site
> that has high probability of containing harmful content. Would you
> like to continue?"
>
> I click no everytime, and then it says access to this site has been
> blocked at your request, but it still comes back every 5 minutes.
>
> The ad appears as" http://69.28.210.175" or when my spywaredoctor
> message comes up it appears as "jseedcorn.cjt1.net"
>
> How can I get rid of this annoying thing? :evil:

It sounds like you're already infected with malware. As I don't know which
specific chunk of malware you have on your system it'd recommend that you
try one from the following categories with the exception of the spyware
category and in that case I'd give all three a try.

Virus:
www.grisoft.com - AVG
www.antivir.com - AntiVir
http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/index.cfm - CA eTrust

Spyware:
www.lavasoft.de - AdAware
http://security.kolla.de/ - Spybot
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/softwa... -
Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta

Trojan:
www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/ - a Squared
http://swatit.org/ Swat It

Before cleaning download this:

LSP-Fix - a free program to repair damaged Winsock 2 stacks:
http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

Use that should cleaning out your PC remove or damage your in-place winsock
and you can't connect to the internet.

From the virus and trojan category pick one application, they're all free,
download it and install it. Make sure that you update it. From the spyware
category pick all three, download them and update them to the latest
definitions. Reboot, press the F8 key over and over again, from the menu
select Safe mode without networking. Do your cleaning in there. Reboot to
regular mode and run the scans again. This isn't going to be quick or easy
but it might just solve your problems and it should prevent you from further
problems so long as you keep them updated and scan often. Most of them can
be enabled to update and scan automatically.

Galen