5900XT to continue after all

Vimp

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2003
According to TheINQ. its been officially stated that the 5900XT won't die off anytime soon like their earlier article had suggested. I think itmade sense though to kill one of them off though. Having both the 5900XT and 5700 Ultra both on the market just seems like a conflict of interests.

<font color=blue>_______________________________</font color=blue>
Canada
Asus A7N8X-X, Athelon XP 2500+ Barton,
Samsung 1gb DDR400, MSI GeforceFX5900 XT.
Aquamark=<b>36077</b> 3DMark03=<b>5322</b>

Yep, funny that nV felt they had to straighten that story out, but didn't give more info than it's a popular card.

I think it's dead, just not going to be dead on the shelves until the product pipeline empties out. You may see them dumpy some more onto the market, but really the segment they grab the cores from is winding down in preparation fot the next generation, and the FX5700 has been redesigned. Interesting to see if this was simply an effort to stem the tide and maintain interest.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
yay! then i can pick out up for real cheap when Doom3 comes out then i'll HL2 on my HL2 and Doom3 on my 5900XT

It's perfect :D:D:D

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy
never tried to go crazy when it comes to o/cing.
THGC's resident Asian and Graphics Forum's resident nVboy :D

cleeve

Illustrious
I hope it's true... Trust me, the last thing we want is a monopoly, folks.

Remember when AMD wasn't a viable option, and Intel cherged whatever they wanted?

Nobody wants to see that again...

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
HEy isn't that what Creative is doing and no one is doing anything about it?

incase u people didn't know Creative bought out another competitor that develops for most of interagated sound chips now Creative has them....

soon enough sound cards are gonna cost more than video cards :O

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy
never tried to go crazy when it comes to o/cing.
THGC's resident Asian and Graphics Forum's resident nVboy :D