Looking to buy a laptop in the next couple weeks, been researching what it seem like to be forever. My mind is going to implode
1. What is your budget? $800-1000
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.6inch preferably
3. What screen resolution do you want? 1920 x 1080
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable for when I'm at work bored
5. How much battery life do you need? - 3 to 4hrs approximately, less probably because it will be plugged in most of the time.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
- The games I do play when I'm bored... BF3, Starcraft2, Diablo 3. Medium settings would be great.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
- Watching movies, surfing the web, Netflix, Music etc...
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
- 500GB minimum
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
None imparticular, I'll keep an open mind.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
- 3 years minimum
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
- Blu-ray would be a bonus but your stand DVD Rom/Writer would do.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
- Asus, Lenovo, HP seem to be most reliable. Would be open to Toshiba and others like (Sager and MSI, but those price points are usually higher than I can afford) The ones I don't like Acer/Gateway, and Dell because of quality of build from the reviews I've read. Again, I'll keep an open mind. I want something that will last.
13. What country do you live in? - Canada
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
- None that I can think of atm.
Thanks in advance to those who reply with their superior laptop knowledge. Your help is greatly appreciated!
880 dollars, only problem is you have to pay like 220 to ship to Canada... If you're willing to chip in another 100 dollars then its perfect for what you asked for. Other than that, I've been looking at laptops with roughly the same specs you wanted for a while now in Canada for myself, and there was nothing for that price tag. The lowest I found were like 1200 and it wasnt even as good as the Sager I linked above.