Photos in a document

How do I insert a photo in the middle of a document? I am using Windows XP
SP2. I would like to write a document and in the middle of the document,
insert a picture that is relevant to a particular paragraph.

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 15:39:10 -0700, "edith"
<edith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>How do I insert a photo in the middle of a document? I am using Windows XP
>SP2. I would like to write a document and in the middle of the document,
>insert a picture that is relevant to a particular paragraph.

That is not possible in a text file... If a word processing file,
you use the options at the top of the software you are using

Since Windows XP is an operating system, not a document editor,
you need to go to the appropriate area for whatever program
you are using and ask how to use that program

Or, you could press F1 and read the HELP file

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:A8113744-8881-49C4-9132-C606107E85CF@microsoft.com,
edith <edith@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> How do I insert a photo in the middle of a document? I am using
> Windows XP SP2. I would like to write a document and in the middle of
> the document, insert a picture that is relevant to a particular
> paragraph.

You'll need something like Word or another document writing software
application. There's OpenOffice.org which you can use if you're unable to
afford one of the Microsoft Office versions and that *should* have something
that works for you. It's free but a rather large download.

Galen

It depends upon what word processing program you are using. Try looking in
the menu bar for something like "insert image". Of course you can always
open the photo and then copy/paste to your document.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)