MN-700 & Verizon DSL with Westell 2100

What is the best way to configure the MN-700 to work with a Westell 2100 DSL
router from VZ? The problem I get is that whenever I turn on both the dsl
router and the mn-700 the mn-700 is ready before the DSL box and they never
connect. To get a connection I have to unplug the dsl ethernet cable from
the mn-700 and then plug it back in and they will then sync. I would just
like to power everything on at once and have the 2 talk when they both see
each other.

Any thoughts?
2 answers Last reply
More about verizon westell 2100

    Why are you turning off the Westell and the MN-700? Just leave them on. If
    you were to have a power outage just boot up the Westell separately like
    you're doing now, and then add in the MN-700 a minute or so later.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "djben" <djben99@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > What is the best way to configure the MN-700 to work with a Westell 2100
    > DSL router from VZ? The problem I get is that whenever I turn on both the
    > dsl router and the mn-700 the mn-700 is ready before the DSL box and they
    > never connect. To get a connection I have to unplug the dsl ethernet cable
    > from the mn-700 and then plug it back in and they will then sync. I would
    > just like to power everything on at once and have the 2 talk when they
    > both see each other.
    >
    > Any thoughts?

    If the Westell is a router, you need to run the MN700 as an access
    point. These routers are designed to be left on 24 x 7 and not powered
    off and on.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP