MN-700 & Verizon DSL with Westell 2100

djben

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2003

What is the best way to configure the MN-700 to work with a Westell 2100 DSL
router from VZ? The problem I get is that whenever I turn on both the dsl
router and the mn-700 the mn-700 is ready before the DSL box and they never
connect. To get a connection I have to unplug the dsl ethernet cable from
the mn-700 and then plug it back in and they will then sync. I would just
like to power everything on at once and have the 2 talk when they both see
each other.

Any thoughts?

Why are you turning off the Westell and the MN-700? Just leave them on. If
you were to have a power outage just boot up the Westell separately like
you're doing now, and then add in the MN-700 a minute or so later.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"djben" <djben99@gmail.com> wrote in message
> What is the best way to configure the MN-700 to work with a Westell 2100
> DSL router from VZ? The problem I get is that whenever I turn on both the
> dsl router and the mn-700 the mn-700 is ready before the DSL box and they
> never connect. To get a connection I have to unplug the dsl ethernet cable
> from the mn-700 and then plug it back in and they will then sync. I would
> just like to power everything on at once and have the 2 talk when they
> both see each other.
>
> Any thoughts?

If the Westell is a router, you need to run the MN700 as an access
point. These routers are designed to be left on 24 x 7 and not powered
off and on.

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP