Open file dialog in most programs

Whenever I go to a Open File window all the options I see are Desktop and My
Network Places. I used to see MyComputer and all of my drives. How can I get
those options back?

Edit the Places bar locations in Open Save As common dialog boxes
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/PlacesBar.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:880C8042-8DCE-4B9A-B313-397CC85540C4@microsoft.com,
Papaw <Papaw@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Whenever I go to a Open File window all the options I see are Desktop and
> My Network Places. I used to see MyComputer and all of my drives. How can
> I get those options back?

I'm sorry. I may not have made myself clear. This happens when I open most of
my applications. If you did understand then your suggestions didn't work. At
least with TweakUI. I need more help, please.

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Edit the Places bar locations in Open Save As common dialog boxes
> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/PlacesBar.htm
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:880C8042-8DCE-4B9A-B313-397CC85540C4@microsoft.com,
> Papaw <Papaw@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Whenever I go to a Open File window all the options I see are Desktop and
> > My Network Places. I used to see MyComputer and all of my drives. How can
> > I get those options back?

Then explain what the problem is.

Do you mean the left hand side, like here...
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/images/commondialog1.JPG

Or what?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:98A1E27C-4421-41E8-B7CC-0E2DCB22AC11@microsoft.com,
Papaw <Papaw@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I'm sorry. I may not have made myself clear. This happens when I open
> most of my applications. If you did understand then your suggestions
> didn't work. At least with TweakUI. I need more help, please.
>
> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> Edit the Places bar locations in Open Save As common dialog boxes
>> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/PlacesBar.htm
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:880C8042-8DCE-4B9A-B313-397CC85540C4@microsoft.com,
>> Papaw <Papaw@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> Whenever I go to a Open File window all the options I see are Desktop
>>> and My Network Places. I used to see MyComputer and all of my drives.
>>> How can I get those options back?

Okay, I'll try to explain better. Let's say that I open WinZip. I then click
on File in the menu and then on open. In the Look In box at the top I may see
the last folder that I used or the default folder. If I then click on the
arrow to the right or on the folder icon to the right of that I get a drop
down showing Desktop and My Network Places but I don't see or get My Computer
or either of my Hard Drives as an option. I hope this is a better
explaination. If not ask for more, please.
Thanks

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Then explain what the problem is.
>
> Do you mean the left hand side, like here...
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/images/commondialog1.JPG
>
> Or what?
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:98A1E27C-4421-41E8-B7CC-0E2DCB22AC11@microsoft.com,
> Papaw <Papaw@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > I'm sorry. I may not have made myself clear. This happens when I open
> > most of my applications. If you did understand then your suggestions
> > didn't work. At least with TweakUI. I need more help, please.
> >
> > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
> >
> >> Edit the Places bar locations in Open Save As common dialog boxes
> >> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/PlacesBar.htm
> >>
> >> --
> >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >>
> >> Wes