Vector games on Oscilloscope

how do u do this?

put the x in as the sweep?

y in as channel 1?

I messed around with it a bit but was having no luck with my omega race
board

Can any thats done this gimmie a run down of the hoom up?

maybe my scop just can do it?

I think its a tek 460b if I remeber correctly

You need a Two Channel scope with X-Y option. Channel one is your "x",
two is your "y". Some scopes also have a "z" for brightness of each
line, but I never use it.
~Jeff
www.shootagainamusements.com

Joe Barbara wrote:
> how do u do this?
>
> put the x in as the sweep?
>
> y in as channel 1?
>
> I messed around with it a bit but was having no luck with my omega
race
> board
>
> Can any thats done this gimmie a run down of the hoom up?
>
> maybe my scop just can do it?
>
> I think its a tek 460b if I remeber correctly

I concur with Jeff; I never use the Z-axis input, either. If you've got
enough of your game's motherboard working, you'll definitely see the game on
the oscilloscope screen. Most 'scopes have X/Y input mode.

The downside is, the 'scope screen is so small that you may have trouble
seeing things such as your own ship (if you're playing _Asteroids_), but
you'll definitely see the rocks.