Changing license

Hoping to avoid a complete reinstall of several workstations (XP Pro).

"Company A" is dropping a division of the company. "Company B" is absorbing
this division to include all workstations.
Company A understandably wants to keep all XP licenses that they purchased,
I believe these to be Corporate version licenses (not confirmed yet).
Company B is purchasing retail XP Pro licenses for these workstations. KB
Article 328874 provides instructions for changing a "leaked" volume license
to a legitimate volume license. Would this same procedure work in this
situation (volume license to retail)?

Thanks much.

No, that procedure only works if the versions are the same.
A Repair Installation also called an In Place Upgrade is required to change
the Product Key for dissimilar versions:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/repaxp.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"HappilyClueless" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
> Hoping to avoid a complete reinstall of several workstations (XP Pro).
>
> "Company A" is dropping a division of the company. "Company B" is
> absorbing this division to include all workstations.
> Company A understandably wants to keep all XP licenses that they
> purchased, I believe these to be Corporate version licenses (not confirmed
> yet).
> Company B is purchasing retail XP Pro licenses for these workstations. KB
> Article 328874 provides instructions for changing a "leaked" volume
> license to a legitimate volume license. Would this same procedure work in
> this situation (volume license to retail)?
>
> Thanks much.

P.S. There is no "Corp" edition, you either have OEM, Retail or Volume
Licenses.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com