World League thingy

Last response: in Video Games
February 13, 2005 2:02:15 AM

I'm trying out the World League Thingy made by Michael Murray I think it
was?

Taking on Werder Bremen in the South Conference and doing quite
allright. 30 matches in, I've only lost 1 and drawn 2. Unfortunately
Bayern is the better team with only 1 loss and the rest victories.

There are some very bizarre transfers and some total unrealistic high
transfers going on, especially by teams not known for their wealth.

Transfers like these:

Ronaldo: Real to Ajax for 51,016,339.18 EUR
Ballack: Bayern to Salt Lake for 50,345,067.35 EUR
Totti: Roma to Barcelona for 39,604,786.31 EUR
Casillas: Real to ManUtd for 31,549,574.88 EUR
Tamudo: Espanyol to Salt Lake for 27,521,969.57 EUR
Buffon: Juventus to Salt Lake for 49,673,798.74 EUR
Jorge Andrade: Deportivo to Fjölnir for 49,673,798.74 EUR
Aimo Diana: Sampdoria to Brøndby for 13,693,858.03 EUR
Adriano: Inter to CSKA Moscow for 73,839,430.56 EUR !!!
Ronaldinho: Barcelona to Deportivo for 52,358,868.94 EUR
Lampard: Chelsea to Lokomotiv for 36,248,447.73 EUR
Gilardino: Parma to Otsuka FC for 28,864,504.67 EUR
Emre: Inter to East Bengal Club for 21,077,801.09 EUR

What I dont get is where clubs like Salt Lake, Fjölnir, East Bengal Club
and Brøndby get that kind of cash.. I started out with as little as
7,786,703.59 EUR for transfers, so how can these teams pay that much??

Money spent on transfers:
Salt Lake: 158,419,141.93 EUR !!!
Fjölnir: 107,402,808.09 EUR !!!
Satellite FC: 51,687,601.39 EUR
Club African Tunis: 49,673,798.74 EUR
East Bengal Club: 46,317,460.99 EUR

I would have posted some screenies but I'm on the laptop and that doesnt
do too well with windowed FM2005, so taking snappies and saving them are
a bitch..

Besides that, its fun to play FM2005 in a different way than usual.

Mikael

More about : world league thingy

Anonymous
February 13, 2005 4:06:18 AM

Mikael Schøler wrote:
> There are some very bizarre transfers and some total unrealistic high transfers going on, especially by teams not known
> for their wealth.
>
> Transfers like these:
>
> Ballack: Bayern to Salt Lake for 50,345,067.35 EUR
> Tamudo: Espanyol to Salt Lake for 27,521,969.57 EUR
> Buffon: Juventus to Salt Lake for 49,673,798.74 EUR

Bloody Mormons!!!!! :o )

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
ICQ # 11472386
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 2:30:26 PM

Mikael Schøler wrote:

> I'm trying out the World League Thingy made by Michael Murray I think it was?

Yes, it was.

> There are some very bizarre transfers and some total unrealistic high
> transfers going on, especially by teams not known for their wealth.
>
> Transfers like these:
> Ronaldo: Real to Ajax for 51,016,339.18 EUR
> Ballack: Bayern to Salt Lake for 50,345,067.35 EUR

May not be too surprising. I think Murray did edit the included clubs reps among others to make
them competitive in the World League.

> What I dont get is where clubs like Salt Lake, Fjölnir, East Bengal Club
> and Brøndby get that kind of cash.. I started out with as little as
> 7,786,703.59 EUR for transfers, so how can these teams pay that much??

Same answer given a while back. They pay nothing upfront. 24 mth instalments of 50K each. 5M
after 50 games. 5M after 50 caps. 10% sell-on. Done. It's easy when you are a comp. team.

> Besides that, its fun to play FM2005 in a different way than usual.

Glad you are unlike the negative me.
February 13, 2005 2:55:33 PM

Mikael Schøler wrote:
> I'm trying out the World League Thingy made by Michael Murray I think
> it was?

Nope wasn't me, thought about doing it, but never got around to it.

--
Michael Murray
Anonymous

Michael Murray wrote:

> Mikael Schøler wrote:
> > I'm trying out the World League Thingy made by Michael Murray I think it was?
>
> Nope wasn't me, thought about doing it, but never got around to it.

Then it must be Hamish. If not, it must be Pete. If not, it must be 'Somebody'.
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 11:05:49 PM

The Wielder of the Scythe wrote:
> Michael Murray wrote:
>

>>Mikael Schøler wrote:
>>
>>>I'm trying out the World League Thingy made by Michael Murray I think it was?
>>
>>Nope wasn't me, thought about doing it, but never got around to it.
>

> Then it must be Hamish. If not, it must be Pete. If not, it must be 'Somebody'.

I saw some threads called World Club League by some Major ChrisB or
something, but it could be Hamish who made it.. Cant remember..
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 11:05:50 PM

Mikael Schøler wrote:
> The Wielder of the Scythe wrote:
>> Michael Murray wrote:

>>> Nope wasn't me, thought about doing it, but never got around to it.
>>

>> Then it must be Hamish. If not, it must be Pete. If not, it must be
>> 'Somebody'.
>>
> I saw some threads called World Club League by some Major ChrisB or
> something, but it could be Hamish who made it.. Cant remember..

I did a Euro Super League, not a World one :-)

--
Hamish

Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well
you bounce.
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 11:05:51 PM

Hamish wrote:
> Mikael Schøler wrote:
>
>>The Wielder of the Scythe wrote:

>>>Then it must be Hamish. If not, it must be Pete. If not, it must be
>>>'Somebody'.
>>>

>>I saw some threads called World Club League by some Major ChrisB or
>>something, but it could be Hamish who made it.. Cant remember..
>

> I did a Euro Super League, not a World one :-)

Nope it was not you. I found Major ChrisB's homepage where I found the
link for the file.

chrisbrannigan.com/FM05
!