Dell Latitude CP R & X Processor

I have a Latitude PII 400 and acquired a PIII 500 Processor.
Of course I swapped out the processor and It came up. It said it was a
500 but when It tried to boot, it said the micro code was not
compatible I was able to hit f1 and the computer ran.
When I went to cmos, it said it was a PIII but no processor speed.
Can I upgrade to this processor?
Thanks
Frank

items4sale@bellsouth.net
2 answers Last reply
More about dell latitude processor

    You wouldn't have a spare NVram/Bios battery (working) would you....

    Spete

    On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 21:06:23 -0500, items4sale@bellsouth-ANTISPAM-.net
    wrote:

    >I have a Latitude PII 400 and acquired a PIII 500 Processor.
    >Of course I swapped out the processor and It came up. It said it was a
    >500 but when It tried to boot, it said the micro code was not
    >compatible I was able to hit f1 and the computer ran.
    >When I went to cmos, it said it was a PIII but no processor speed.
    >Can I upgrade to this processor?

    No, not without upgrading the motherboard to a newer level
    (hardware-level.)

Dell Latitude Processors Computers