Dell Latitude CP R & X Processor

Last response: in Computer Brands
February 10, 2005 12:06:23 AM

I have a Latitude PII 400 and acquired a PIII 500 Processor.
Of course I swapped out the processor and It came up. It said it was a
500 but when It tried to boot, it said the micro code was not
compatible I was able to hit f1 and the computer ran.
When I went to cmos, it said it was a PIII but no processor speed.
Can I upgrade to this processor?
Thanks
Frank

items4sale@bellsouth.net
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 8:17:58 AM

You wouldn't have a spare NVram/Bios battery (working) would you....

Spete
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 2:34:05 PM

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 21:06:23 -0500, items4sale@bellsouth-ANTISPAM-.net
wrote:

>I have a Latitude PII 400 and acquired a PIII 500 Processor.
>Of course I swapped out the processor and It came up. It said it was a
>500 but when It tried to boot, it said the micro code was not
>compatible I was able to hit f1 and the computer ran.
>When I went to cmos, it said it was a PIII but no processor speed.
>Can I upgrade to this processor?

No, not without upgrading the motherboard to a newer level
(hardware-level.)