Win XP startup trouble

Joe

When my laptop starts it continually cycles through the start up process but
never actually loads. Does anyone know why this is happening?

bar

You are the only one who can 'see' what's going on.

YOU need to watch carefully and read any error messages or observe what
exactly is happening.

If you can't manage this, go to a repair shop.

If the PC can manage to POST: and if you think you can, try booting into
Safe Mode and atempt to bring up the Laptop in Safe Mode to identify any
faults.

If the PC won't boot into safe mode, then try booting off the XP
installation CD and perform a repair installation.

Report back with any observations on your attempts at the above.