sis 7001 pci

trying to use an external freecom dvd writer connected through a usb 2 port,
usb controller is an sis 7001 pc. it will not recognise it as usb2, any
ideas

many thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about 7001

    I did a quick google to see if there were any answers...sadly just dozens
    with similar problems.

    Do you have another USB port..if not take back the card and buy a simple 2
    port -not a 4 port - USB 2 card.

    "dave cantwell" wrote:

    > trying to use an external freecom dvd writer connected through a usb 2 port,
    > usb controller is an sis 7001 pc. it will not recognise it as usb2, any
    > ideas
    >
    > many thanks

    Hi

    I have the same problem. I found a workaround (not a fix as it seems to
    downgrade the usb ports to 1.1) Disable the PCI to USB Enhanced Host
    Controller. As soon as I did this the system found all of my flash and usb
    hdd's and displayed them in windows explorer. They now work fine.

    "dave cantwell" wrote:

    > trying to use an external freecom dvd writer connected through a usb 2 port,
    > usb controller is an sis 7001 pc. it will not recognise it as usb2, any
    > ideas
    >
    > many thanks

Sis USB Windows XP