sis 7001 pci

April 19, 2005 1:38:09 PM

trying to use an external freecom dvd writer connected through a usb 2 port,
usb controller is an sis 7001 pc. it will not recognise it as usb2, any
ideas

many thanks

More about : sis 7001 pci

April 19, 2005 1:38:10 PM

I did a quick google to see if there were any answers...sadly just dozens
with similar problems.

Do you have another USB port..if not take back the card and buy a simple 2
port -not a 4 port - USB 2 card.

"dave cantwell" wrote:

> trying to use an external freecom dvd writer connected through a usb 2 port,
> usb controller is an sis 7001 pc. it will not recognise it as usb2, any
> ideas
>
> many thanks

Anonymous
May 13, 2005 8:06:04 PM

Hi

I have the same problem. I found a workaround (not a fix as it seems to
downgrade the usb ports to 1.1) Disable the PCI to USB Enhanced Host
Controller. As soon as I did this the system found all of my flash and usb
hdd's and displayed them in windows explorer. They now work fine.

!