Source: MH Quad Pokeys?

My Major Havoc (not dedicated but a conversion PCB) seems to have developed
a control issue - the spinner is not working. Test mode indicates a "P"
which the manual says is a custom IC error at location 13Q - which is the
Quad Pokey Eliminator board. The Quad Pokeys that are on my eliminator
board are marked differently - are they still all the same or is each one
indeed different? Anyone know where I can get these?

I had this board fixed back in January - it flaked out on me mid game and
the display went all scrambled. I plugged it in right after I got it back
for all of 20 seconds to verify that the video was fixed but this is the
first time I've actually had it plugged in to play. :(

Sigh.

Thx.

--
-Steve P.

Quad Pokey = Quad Pokey.

However, if you have the eliminator board you only need to replace the one
bad individual pokey. Try swapping them one by one with one from another
Atari board.

-roy-

"Steve Prendergast" <stevepren-newsgroups@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> My Major Havoc (not dedicated but a conversion PCB) seems to have
> developed a control issue - the spinner is not working. Test mode
> indicates a "P" which the manual says is a custom IC error at location
> 13Q - which is the Quad Pokey Eliminator board. The Quad Pokeys that are
> on my eliminator board are marked differently - are they still all the
> same or is each one indeed different? Anyone know where I can get these?
>
> I had this board fixed back in January - it flaked out on me mid game and
> the display went all scrambled. I plugged it in right after I got it back
> for all of 20 seconds to verify that the video was fixed but this is the
> first time I've actually had it plugged in to play. :(
>
> Sigh.
>
> Thx.
>
> --
> -Steve P.

Also looking for a source for the LETA chip... Anyone?

--
-Steve P.

"Steve Prendergast" <stevepren-newsgroups@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> My Major Havoc (not dedicated but a conversion PCB) seems to have
> developed a control issue - the spinner is not working. Test mode
> indicates a "P" which the manual says is a custom IC error at location
> 13Q - which is the Quad Pokey Eliminator board. The Quad Pokeys that are
> on my eliminator board are marked differently - are they still all the
> same or is each one indeed different? Anyone know where I can get these?
>
> I had this board fixed back in January - it flaked out on me mid game and
> the display went all scrambled. I plugged it in right after I got it back
> for all of 20 seconds to verify that the video was fixed but this is the
> first time I've actually had it plugged in to play. :(
>
> Sigh.
>
> Thx.
>
> --
> -Steve P.

Good luck! Buy dead Crystal Castle boards and hope the LETA is good.

> Also looking for a source for the LETA chip... Anyone?
>
> --
> -Steve P.
>

> "Steve Prendergast" <stevepren-newsgroups@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> My Major Havoc (not dedicated but a conversion PCB) seems to have
>> developed a control issue - the spinner is not working. Test mode
>> indicates a "P" which the manual says is a custom IC error at location
>> 13Q - which is the Quad Pokey Eliminator board. The Quad Pokeys that are
>> on my eliminator board are marked differently - are they still all the
>> same or is each one indeed different? Anyone know where I can get these?
>>
>> I had this board fixed back in January - it flaked out on me mid game and
>> the display went all scrambled. I plugged it in right after I got it
>> back for all of 20 seconds to verify that the video was fixed but this is
>> the first time I've actually had it plugged in to play. :(
>>
>> Sigh.
>>
>> Thx.
>>
>> --
>> -Steve P.

LOL. :)

--
-Steve P.

:
: My Major Havoc (not dedicated but a conversion PCB) seems to have developed
: a control issue - the spinner is not working. Test mode indicates a "P"
: which the manual says is a custom IC error at location 13Q - which is the
: Quad Pokey Eliminator board. The Quad Pokeys that are on my eliminator
: board are marked differently - are they still all the same or is each one
: indeed different? Anyone know where I can get these?
:
: I had this board fixed back in January - it flaked out on me mid game and
: the display went all scrambled. I plugged it in right after I got it back
: for all of 20 seconds to verify that the video was fixed but this is the
: first time I've actually had it plugged in to play. :(

I still have some bare boards for quad pokey eliminators if anyone needs
them.

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu

Chumblespuzz <nospam@cademo.com> wrote:
: Good luck! Buy dead Crystal Castle boards and hope the LETA is good.

LETAs would be relatively easy to make into a daughterboard, but there's
not all that much of a market, considering how cheap system 2 boards are.

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu
Cambridge, MA 02139
(617) 452-2354 http://rgvac.978.org/~mspaeth

Seems like such a waste of a Sys2 board unless you happen upon a dead one
that has a good Leta on it.

Out of curiousity, any idea what it would cost per unit to make the Leta
daughterboards?

--
-Steve P.