MrPanther0

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
If your rig can handle it, then yes.

There are a few issues with the MP, but they are being ironed out in a very soon to be released patch.

It is simply breathtaking.

pauldh

Illustrious
It's 3:51 in the morning and I just got done playing it for 2 hours. It's definately worth $30. :)

I've got a bad cold and my sleep schedule is all off. Woke up 1:00AM and started playing it. Loads of fun.

I haven't even looked at multiplayer yet though.

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 512MB Corsair TwinX PC3200LL, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt

KWPLunchbox

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003
It is definitely worth it. The AI is a little weird, and the voice acting is lousy, but the overall ambiance of the game is great. Typical Half-Life style FPS with a truly gorgeous engine, if your rig can handle it. The beach at night was really cool too. Plus, its fun to shoot the overhead hanging lights and watch the light patterns and shadows on the walls, and so on. Lots of small details that add to the overall quality. How about fireflys in the jungle at night, or the refraction of your view through the scope of the sniper rifle when you're walking. I'm just waiting for the next multiplayer patch since my system reboots during it for some reason. Single players is fine. (Already running 1.1 patch)

<font color=purple>AMD XP 2500+ @ 3200+/200, A7N8X Dlx, 512mb PC3200 Corsair XMS DDR, ATi 9800Pro, Audigy Platinum, 2/5 TB of storage, TDK 48x CDRW, Lite-On 16x DVD, XP Pro SP1, and more neon than a ghetto sled

pauldh

Illustrious
There sure seems to be alot of fuss floating around with ATi cards and this game. Odd that most of us who played the demo and now have the retail game are playing it on ATI cards. I've tried it with a 9500 Pro in one system and a 9800 Pro in two systems (IS7 & NF7) I have yet to see a problem with the retail game. Besides no AA in the demo, the demo ran well too. Oh well, I first saw reference to it in the gamespot forums, which pointed to this possibly redicoulous forum? Any comments from you Great ones? Seem like a bunch of idiots with user error's. Am I wrong? Has anyone here seen crashes in the game? (single player)

<A HREF="http://www.planet42.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3957" target="_new">http://www.planet42.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3957</A>

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 512MB Corsair TwinX PC3200LL, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt