Lost 'D' Drive using XP Home - I am the Administrator

wombat

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

I have been told to Navigate the following

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy
Objects\{46F792E2-1BB6-4754-A213-001FDAC883F5}User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

then delete "NoViewOnDrive" in the right hand pane.

I have found H KEY Current User and can find up to CurrentVersion but where
do I find Group Policy?

If you're using XP Home, I doubt you will find a registry key for
Group Policy. You might want to try the following:

Navigate to this key and see if NoViewOnDrive appears in the
right hand pane:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

If that doesn't work, run the Registry Editor, click on Edit ->
Find and enter NoViewOnDrive in the Find box.

If you installed TweakUI on your computer run the program and
open up the My Computer -> Drives branch and make sure there's a
check mark next to the D drive.

--
Nepatsfan