Joint Operation Typhoon Rising MP Demo

Vimp

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2003
Well finnally someone brought this game up here.

This is a very very fun game. Graphics wise its pretty dang nice but not as good as Farcry overall. However I will mention that the water in Joint Ops. is, in my opinion, more realistic looking then Farcry's water both on the surface and under neath the surface. Granted underneath Farcry has way more detail but even despite that I like Joint ops. water underneath better. I'm able to have all the settings at maximum at 1024x768 with 8xAA and 8xAF and its still quite playable although not as playable as I'd like considering its a mutiplayer demo which emphasizes the need for smoothness. With AA and AF off though I can play it very smoothly at full settings and 1024x768. Unfortunatly having AF on, even just a little bit, causes an error that closes the game after playing for 5-10 minutes for me, which is a shame because this game looks a fair bit better with AF on.

At anytime of the day I can find a server with below 60 ping and low packet loss with at least 32 people on it. Most often theres servers with over 50 players and sometimes some with over 80 players and still with a ping under 60.

This game really makes good use of shadows too. sitting in the shadow of a tree can make all the difference between the enemy seeing you or not. Sniping can be pretty hard when your really far away because you have to aim so high and so far ahead of your target to make up for gravity and the bullets time travel but it certainly makes things interesting.

Most realistic game I have yet to see yet though is the demo for "Toca Race Driver 2" which has photo realistic vehicles and tracks in it. Unfortunatly the scenery around the track is greatly lacking in the graphics department which hurts the general feel for the game to a certain extent. But just watch a replay of one of your races and you'll see what I mean about the photo realisim in this game.

<font color=blue>_______________________________</font color=blue>
Canada
Asus A7N8X-X, Athelon XP 2500+ Barton,
Samsung 1gb DDR400, MSI GeforceFX5900 XT.
Aquamark=<b>36077</b> 3DMark03=<b>5322</b>

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
Nice post. I have only one problem with it. You cannot run 8xAA 8xAF smoothly, as the FX series absolutely BLOWS at 8xAA, it shouldn't even be there. Maybe for the Original UT, or Q3A:)

Me: are you saying I can't provide?
Me: cause I know I can provide.
Me: oh and I can provide money too;)
Rachel:): why do we need money when we can just stay in our room and have sex all day?<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Willamette_Sucks on 04/09/04 03:33 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Vimp

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2003
Actually of all the games and demoes I've played with my card theres only two demos that I noticed any slow down with 8xAA on. Farcry and Joint Operations. In UT2k4 demo and the Toca Race Driver 2 demo I can run 8xAA with no noticable slowdown.

<font color=blue>_______________________________</font color=blue>
Canada
Asus A7N8X-X, Athelon XP 2500+ Barton,
Samsung 1gb DDR400, MSI GeforceFX5900 XT.
Aquamark=<b>36077</b> 3DMark03=<b>5322</b>

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
And at what res and settings?

I'm sure your card is the exception to all nV cards.

Look at the benchmarks, 8xAA is unusable most of the time.

Me: are you saying I can't provide?
Me: cause I know I can provide.
Me: oh and I can provide money too;)
Rachel:): why do we need money when we can just stay in our room and have sex all day?

pauldh

Illustrious
As long as repeatedly left clicking makes the opponents fall to the ground, who cares if you can tell what's going on. 3-5fps is just fine. ;)

and relax Vimp, just a joke I couldn't resist. :lol:

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 512MB Corsair TwinX PC3200LL, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt