Folder Synchronization

Hi,

I have a laptop that is connected to our network. All of my files in my
network folder are marked for synchronization. If I right click on one of
them the "make available offline" option is checked, but greyed out. I can
go into folder options and uncheck "enable offline files". This will clear
the files in my on-line folder.

What I would like to do is to selectively have some of them available
off-line, but it seems to be an all or none.

Also, for what it's worth, there are other network files that I can access.
On these I CAN select "make available off-line" on a selective basis --
turning it on or off.

I would appreciate any advice anyone could give me.

Thanks,

Art

ann

This worked for me (when the laptop has XP installed on it)

XP automatically makes any folder redirected to a network share
available offline. For example, if you redirect the My Documents
folder to a network share it will synchronize at logoff. The Make
Available Offline option is checked and greyed out in the context menu
for My Documents. To work around this run gpedit.msc and go to User
Configuration/Administrative Templates/Network/Offline Folders and
enable "Do not automatically make redirected folders available
offline".

Kind regards,

Anneke

Art <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<E6C73CB2-4500-4F84-94AF-A38D04F59443@microsoft.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I have a laptop that is connected to our network. All of my files in my
> network folder are marked for synchronization. If I right click on one of
> them the "make available offline" option is checked, but greyed out. I can
> go into folder options and uncheck "enable offline files". This will clear
> the files in my on-line folder.
>
> What I would like to do is to selectively have some of them available
> off-line, but it seems to be an all or none.
>
> Also, for what it's worth, there are other network files that I can access.
> On these I CAN select "make available off-line" on a selective basis --
> turning it on or off.
>
> I would appreciate any advice anyone could give me.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Art

Ann,

Thank you very much! Your advice solved the problem.

Art