Z200 or M55?

Hi I just signed up for fido pre paid service and got a new Z200.
With in a day I got fed up with this phone
Reasons
All button including the joystick difficult to use(You have to press it
deep)
No data communication software available
Does not communicate even with T310 on infrared(except transfer of image)

I am considering returning it and getting M55, so far I feel M55 only
missing the infra red so I have to buy the data cable

I want to know other peoples thoughts about this phone and M55

Is there any other world phones exist in the same price range(I like the
T310 but they are discontinued)

Thanks

RK
7 answers Last reply
More about z200

    I have both, much prefer M55.

    "RK" <RK@msn.com> wrote in message
    > Hi I just signed up for fido pre paid service and got a new Z200.
    > With in a day I got fed up with this phone
    > Reasons
    > All button including the joystick difficult to use(You have to press it
    > deep)
    > No data communication software available
    > Does not communicate even with T310 on infrared(except transfer of image)
    >
    > I am considering returning it and getting M55, so far I feel M55 only
    > missing the infra red so I have to buy the data cable
    >
    > I want to know other peoples thoughts about this phone and M55
    >
    > Is there any other world phones exist in the same price range(I like the
    > T310 but they are discontinued)
    >

    > Thanks
    >
    > RK

    UPDATE: Replaced Z200 with T310(one of the fido kiosk had them!!)

    "mistaroboto" <mistaroboto@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > I have both, much prefer M55.
    >
    > "RK" <RK@msn.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi I just signed up for fido pre paid service and got a new Z200.
    > > With in a day I got fed up with this phone
    > > Reasons
    > > All button including the joystick difficult to use(You have to press it
    > > deep)
    > > No data communication software available
    > > Does not communicate even with T310 on infrared(except transfer of
    image)

    > > I am considering returning it and getting M55, so far I feel M55 only
    > > missing the infra red so I have to buy the data cable
    > >
    > > I want to know other peoples thoughts about this phone and M55
    > >
    > > Is there any other world phones exist in the same price range(I like the
    > > T310 but they are discontinued)
    > >

    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > RK

    I've had trouble with the reception on the t310, lots and lots of dropped
    calls. The M55 has been awesome! Let me know how yours works out.

    Cheers,
    Lubos

    > UPDATE: Replaced Z200 with T310(one of the fido kiosk had them!!)
    >
    > "mistaroboto" <mistaroboto@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > > I have both, much prefer M55.
    > >
    > > "RK" <RK@msn.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi I just signed up for fido pre paid service and got a new Z200.
    > > > With in a day I got fed up with this phone
    > > > Reasons
    > > > All button including the joystick difficult to use(You have to press
    it
    > > > deep)
    > > > No data communication software available
    > > > Does not communicate even with T310 on infrared(except transfer of
    > image)
    > > >
    > > > I am considering returning it and getting M55, so far I feel M55 only
    > > > missing the infra red so I have to buy the data cable
    > > >
    > > > I want to know other peoples thoughts about this phone and M55
    > > >
    > > > Is there any other world phones exist in the same price range(I like
    the
    > > > T310 but they are discontinued)
    > > >

    > > > Thanks
    > > >
    > > > RK

    Lubos
    Actually we now have totally T310s (with friends) and the reception not
    really bad. So far I do not have dropped calls. But I am a occasional
    caller. I know the M55 has good RF in comparison. But the buttons looks bit
    more difficult to use. Also the 310 has infra red which is a big plus for
    me. I can synchronize with my laptop and exchange info between other T310s
    etc

    RK

    "Lubos Hrasko" <lubos@no-spam-please-microcafe.net> wrote in message
    > I've had trouble with the reception on the t310, lots and lots of dropped
    > calls. The M55 has been awesome! Let me know how yours works out.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Lubos
    >
    > "RK" <RK@msn.com> wrote in message
    > > UPDATE: Replaced Z200 with T310(one of the fido kiosk had them!!)
    > >
    > > "mistaroboto" <mistaroboto@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > > > I have both, much prefer M55.
    > > >
    > > > "RK" <RK@msn.com> wrote in message

    > it
    > > image)

    > the

    Good to know it has been good for you so far. There is no doubt about it
    that the T310 is a much more attractive, feature packed and user-friendly
    phone. Hopefullly, yours stays working. However, make sure to keep your
    receipts - just in case they flake out like the all three of mine eventually
    did!

    Cheers,
    Lubos

    > Lubos
    > Actually we now have totally T310s (with friends) and the reception not
    > really bad. So far I do not have dropped calls. But I am a occasional
    > caller. I know the M55 has good RF in comparison. But the buttons looks
    bit
    > more difficult to use. Also the 310 has infra red which is a big plus for
    > me. I can synchronize with my laptop and exchange info between other T310s
    > etc
    >
    > RK
    >
    > "Lubos Hrasko" <lubos@no-spam-please-microcafe.net> wrote in message
    > > I've had trouble with the reception on the t310, lots and lots of
    dropped
    > > calls. The M55 has been awesome! Let me know how yours works out.
    > >
    > > Cheers,
    > > Lubos
    > >
    > > "RK" <RK@msn.com> wrote in message
    > > > UPDATE: Replaced Z200 with T310(one of the fido kiosk had them!!)
    > > >
    > > > "mistaroboto" <mistaroboto@shaw.ca> wrote in message

    > > it
    > > > image)

    > only

    > > the

    Mine flaked out four times!!! I want to call customer service and do away
    with SE all together. Do you think they will give me a new handset? I think
    Nokia is the most reliable.

    > Good to know it has been good for you so far. There is no doubt about it
    > that the T310 is a much more attractive, feature packed and user-friendly
    > phone. Hopefullly, yours stays working. However, make sure to keep your
    > receipts - just in case they flake out like the all three of mine
    eventually
    > did!
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Lubos
    >
    > "RK" <RK@msn.com> wrote in message
    > > Lubos
    > > Actually we now have totally T310s (with friends) and the reception not
    > > really bad. So far I do not have dropped calls. But I am a occasional
    > > caller. I know the M55 has good RF in comparison. But the buttons looks
    > bit
    > > more difficult to use. Also the 310 has infra red which is a big plus
    for
    > > me. I can synchronize with my laptop and exchange info between other
    T310s
    > > etc
    > >
    > > RK
    > >
    > > "Lubos Hrasko" <lubos@no-spam-please-microcafe.net> wrote in message
    > > > I've had trouble with the reception on the t310, lots and lots of
    > dropped
    > > > calls. The M55 has been awesome! Let me know how yours works out.
    > > >
    > > > Cheers,
    > > > Lubos
    > > >
    > > > "RK" <RK@msn.com> wrote in message

    Z200.
    > press
    > > > it

    M55
    > > only

    > like
    > > > the

    From what I'm told... no. They will keep replacing them for as long as they
    are under warranty. I eventually got a brand new one sold it on ebay and got
    a M55 which is awesome!

Fido Internet Service Providers