True Image or Ghost For Dell8400 ?

I purchased a Dell 8400 WinXP Pro six weeks ago and , having at last got it
all set up software-wise would like to image the HDD. Would True Image or
Norton Ghost be the best way to do this.? I noticed this caveat on CNet :
<<<< Pros: It's a great and easy to use product, unless you have SATA RAID
in your computer.Cons: If you are using SATA RAID (and many new computers
are, like DELL for example) upon booting to the recovery CD you can't access
any of your hard drives to restore them. So until they fix this problem,
avoid this product. By the way Norton Ghost 9 has same problem. >>>>
But presumably the RAID part applies only to multiple HDD's (I have the one
160 Gb HDD) ?
Ideally I would like to be able to image the HDD on my other 3 yr old XP
Home Dell as well as a Win98 box that the younger family members use for
their MSN and Kazaa cruising (ie needing a regular reformat !!). Norton
Ghost is presumably activated to work on only one computer whereas True
Image could work on at least the 2 Dells ??
Grateful for any advice

PS The new Dell 8400 is awesome and I found the tech support in India to be
extraordinarily patient and helpful :)))))))))
Regards
Bob

Both work with SATA-RAID. Acronis from the CD, Ghost 9 needs drivers from a
floppy as well as the boot CD. Acronis is the easier to use, and if you
like, images can be done from the CD. With Ghost 9, the app has to be
installed to image a drive.

Brian

"Bob Eason" <bobeason1@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
>I purchased a Dell 8400 WinXP Pro six weeks ago and , having at last got it
>all set up software-wise would like to image the HDD. Would True Image or
>Norton Ghost be the best way to do this.? I noticed this caveat on CNet :
> <<<< Pros: It's a great and easy to use product, unless you have SATA RAID
> in your computer.Cons: If you are using SATA RAID (and many new computers
> are, like DELL for example) upon booting to the recovery CD you can't
> access any of your hard drives to restore them. So until they fix this
> problem, avoid this product. By the way Norton Ghost 9 has same problem.
> >>>>
> But presumably the RAID part applies only to multiple HDD's (I have the
> one 160 Gb HDD) ?
> Ideally I would like to be able to image the HDD on my other 3 yr old XP
> Home Dell as well as a Win98 box that the younger family members use for
> their MSN and Kazaa cruising (ie needing a regular reformat !!). Norton
> Ghost is presumably activated to work on only one computer whereas True
> Image could work on at least the 2 Dells ??
> Grateful for any advice
>
> PS The new Dell 8400 is awesome and I found the tech support in India to
> be extraordinarily patient and helpful :)))))))))
> Regards
> Bob

I have experienced no prblems and are very confident in using Partition
Magic 8, which is the last relaese before Norton got hhold of PQ.
Ghost is somewhat buggy I have a older Ghost Version and am not very happy
with it. All my images are stored and afterwards half of it is trash!! With
PQMagic never happened. Easy to use and bought from ebay may save you a lot
of bucks..