Can't View Workgroup Computers

Last response: in Networking
July 12, 2005 1:36:01 AM

I have two Win XP PCs connected via a D-Link Wired / Wireless Router. The
Desktop PC is connected by a Cat 5 cable and the laptop is connected by a
D-Link PCMCIA Wireless card. Both PCs have the same workgroup name. Both PCs
can get on the internet. When "View Network Computers", from "My Network
Places" is clicked on the Desktop PC it brings up both PCs, but when the same
is clicked on the the Laptop I get an error message stating that I may not
have administrative rights. Both PC have only one user, and each user has
full administrative rights.

Any thoughts would be helpfull.

Thanks

Ted
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 1:52:36 AM

This newsgroup supports Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware and
software only, Ted, but you might try right-clicking My Computer on the
laptop, selecting Properties, then going to the Computer Name tab. If the
Workgroup: name listing in the middle doesn't match your LAN, use the Change
button and then correct the listing in the Workgroup section and OK your way
back out. If this doesn't give you a solution, your should post full
details in one of the general networking newsgroups or contact the D-Link
support folks.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC