fail to recieve files over msn

When i'm using msn messenger and my friends wan't to send my different files,
a message appears that says; The file has been blocked... I don't know how or
what to change to recieve the files... I've tried switching off my firewall
and viruscontrol for recieving files but that doesn't work... Any ideas? Hope
someone can help me....
1 answer Last reply
More about fail recieve files

    Open Messenger Help: go to start/run, and type:

    HH %ProgramFiles%\Messenger\xpmsgr.chm::/xpwhyfileblocked.htm

    see also: "To add additional file types to be blocked or remove file types that should not be blocked: "
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291387/EN-US/#XSLTH3137121123120121120120
    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Soph" <Soph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9EA98BB-4D49-4B0E-8D92-35BC29C45885@microsoft.com...
    > When i'm using msn messenger and my friends wan't to send my different files,
    > a message appears that says; The file has been blocked... I don't know how or
    > what to change to recieve the files... I've tried switching off my firewall
    > and viruscontrol for recieving files but that doesn't work... Any ideas? Hope
    > someone can help me....

Windows XP