Windows XP Crashes Running Games

I have just completely overhauled my PC (New Hardware)
I now find that whenever I run games (Pro evoelution soccer 4, Cossacks 2,
Hearts of Iron 2) I get a blue screen of death error after about 15 to 20
mins.
The error is STOP 0x000000FE (0x00000005, 0x85FD40E0,0x10DE0067,0x85F0A900)
My hardware consisits of

ABIT NF7S Motherboard
AMD Athlon 3200 XP Processor
1Gb Kingston DDR 4000 RAM
ATI Radeon X800 Video Card (256 RAM)
74Gb SATA Hard disk Drive
Windows XP Pro SP2
Direct X 9c

Can anyone help with this as the idea of the upgrade was to be able to run
such games smoothly and I am finding this very annoying.
3 answers Last reply
More about windows crashes running games

    As Robert stated, normally a driver issue, the two most common, video or
    sound, especially when dealing with high performance games. Make sure both
    the drivers are WHQL certified.

    --

    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

    http://www.google.com
    Google is your "Friend"

    "NAC" <NAC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have just completely overhauled my PC (New Hardware)
    > I now find that whenever I run games (Pro evoelution soccer 4, Cossacks 2,
    > Hearts of Iron 2) I get a blue screen of death error after about 15 to 20
    > mins.
    > The error is STOP 0x000000FE (0x00000005,
    > 0x85FD40E0,0x10DE0067,0x85F0A900)
    > My hardware consisits of
    >
    > ABIT NF7S Motherboard
    > AMD Athlon 3200 XP Processor
    > 1Gb Kingston DDR 4000 RAM
    > ATI Radeon X800 Video Card (256 RAM)
    > 74Gb SATA Hard disk Drive
    > Windows XP Pro SP2
    > Direct X 9c
    >
    > Can anyone help with this as the idea of the upgrade was to be able to run
    > such games smoothly and I am finding this very annoying.

    Thanks for that Robert. The thing is I've been on the ATI Site and installed
    the latest Video Driver for this card (V6.14.10.6525) which is Windows
    Certified. I have been reading some posts elsewhere though about people
    having problems with this Catalyst Driver, don't know if you can shed anymore
    light on this one.
    The sound card is a sound blaster live player with the driver version
    5.12.2.252. This driver is dated 24/07/2002 but I cannot find anything more
    recent, again unless you know otherwise. This driver was not certified when I
    installed it yet it came from the Creative Labs site. So where do I go from
    here?
    Hope someone can assist.
    Many thanks

    NAC

    Thank you both for your help so far. I do believe that it is a driver
    problem. However it is now a question of identifying the culprit
    I have now obtained both a MINI Dump and a FULL Dump file but have no idea
    how to read them.
    If I was to send them as an attachment does anyone have the Dumpchk tool and
    the relevent symbol set to read them?
    I would be most grateful if someone could assist here, as maybe after
    reading those files I can finally nail this issue down and get on with
    enjoying my gaming.

    Many thanks once again in anticipation.

    NAC

Games Windows XP