Not open for further replies.

Expected

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
Computer crashed for unknown reason.

Reinstalled Window.

Reinstalled ALL the drivers.

It appears and says "Sound device is working properly"

I dont hear a thing with or without headphone plugged in.

One thing I notice is that in volume control options, even when i play music on the laptop there is no "green bar".
--
Do i have to replace the sound card to fix this?
My sis went to best buy and they want $200 to fix it.
when I bought the laptop on sale for $300 lol

Flareside

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
IF this is a Laptop there is now 'sound card' to replace. It is normally part of the mobo in a laptop. Check to make sure your cables are fully seated in both the jack on the laptop and then any connections on your speakers.

Flare

G

try installing a diff driver version if available. beside which version of windows r u using. XP . If xp there r certain issues . Also recheck the main sound crtl panel in windows control panel .

without a proper system configuration info it is hard to give out any proper solution.

Also in xp default divers location/path is c:\ windows\ system 32 folder (if i remember right).

with realteck drivers and soundchipset..make sure the chipset turn on in the bios. there is a bug with the realteck drivers if you dont have the speakers plugged into the right port and you turn on the pc or if you have the speaker plugged into the line out. the sound control pannel will mute the speakers. also check that realteck drivers have the speakers highlighted as the active output and there green. you can also try the ones from realteck they may work better..

Status
Not open for further replies.