mc

Hello,
how do I change the .dbx file association under folder options from being
associated with autocad back to being associated with outlook express??
I'm not sure why it associated itself with autcad.
thanks, mc

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Open Explorer, find a .DBX file, right-click, select Open with..., find
Outlook Express, check the Always use option.

"mc" <wcwall.awm@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
> how do I change the .dbx file association under folder options from being
> associated with autocad back to being associated with outlook express??
> I'm not sure why it associated itself with autcad.
> thanks, mc

mc

Thanks for the info Jerry, do you know if I need to pick a particular .exe
file inside the outlook express folder??
thanks, mc
> Open Explorer, find a .DBX file, right-click, select Open with..., find
> Outlook Express, check the Always use option.
>
> "mc" <wcwall.awm@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>> how do I change the .dbx file association under folder options from being
>> associated with autocad back to being associated with outlook express??
>> I'm not sure why it associated itself with autcad.
>> thanks, mc

mc,

..DBX is not associated with any Program, by default. Open Regedit.exe and
navigate to:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.DBX

Backup the key, and in the right-pane, delete the (default) value so that it
reads (Value not set)

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"mc" <wcwall.awm@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
> how do I change the .dbx file association under folder options from being
> associated with autocad back to being associated with outlook express??
> I'm not sure why it associated itself with autcad.
> thanks, mc

mc

hello again,
I still need to know what .exe file to point to in outlook to re-assoc a
dbx file??
thanks mc
"mc" <wcwall.awm@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
> how do I change the .dbx file association under folder options from being
> associated with autocad back to being associated with outlook express??
> I'm not sure why it associated itself with autcad.
> thanks, mc

It does not need an association. OE reads it automatically if the DBX if in
the Store folder.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

> hello again,
> I still need to know what .exe file to point to in outlook to re-assoc a
> dbx file??
> thanks mc
> "mc" <wcwall.awm@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>> how do I change the .dbx file association under folder options from being
>> associated with autocad back to being associated with outlook express??
>> I'm not sure why it associated itself with autcad.
>> thanks, mc

mc

Ramesh, for some reason the dbx files are not associated with OE. OE does
not even show up in the file assoc list. So how do I add it. I do not know
why autocad over-wrote this assoc when it was installed.
thanks mc

> Ramesh, for some reason the dbx files are not associated with OE. OE does
> not even show up in the file assoc list. So how do I add it. I do not know
> why autocad over-wrote this assoc when it was installed.
> thanks mc
>> It does not need an association. OE reads it automatically if the DBX if
>> in the Store folder.
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "mc" <wcwall.awm@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> hello again,
>>> I still need to know what .exe file to point to in outlook to re-assoc
>>> a dbx file??
>>> thanks mc
>>> "mc" <wcwall.awm@verizon.net> wrote in message

mc

Thanks Ramesh,
I changed the reg and deleted the default. The data value does not read
(Value not set) however,.... there is nothing written at all in the main
window.When I right click on modify binary the data window shows 0000 00
00, everything seems to work fine though.
mc

> .DBX is not associated with any Program, by default. Open Regedit.exe and
> navigate to:
>
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.DBX
>
> Backup the key, and in the right-pane, delete the (default) value so that
> it
> reads (Value not set)
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "mc" <wcwall.awm@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Ramesh, for some reason the dbx files are not associated with OE. OE does
>> not even show up in the file assoc list. So how do I add it. I do not
>> know why autocad over-wrote this assoc when it was installed.
>> thanks mc
>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> It does not need an association. OE reads it automatically if the DBX if
>>> in the Store folder.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>>> Windows XP Shell/User
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>>

>>> "mc" <wcwall.awm@verizon.net> wrote in message

You actually need to right-click on (default) and choose Delete.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

> Thanks Ramesh,
> I changed the reg and deleted the default. The data value does not read
> (Value not set) however,.... there is nothing written at all in the main
> window.When I right click on modify binary the data window shows 0000 00
> 00, everything seems to work fine though.
> mc

>> .DBX is not associated with any Program, by default. Open Regedit.exe and
>> navigate to:
>>
>> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.DBX
>>
>> Backup the key, and in the right-pane, delete the (default) value so that
>> it
>> reads (Value not set)
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "mc" <wcwall.awm@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> Ramesh, for some reason the dbx files are not associated with OE. OE
>>> does not even show up in the file assoc list. So how do I add it. I do
>>> not know why autocad over-wrote this assoc when it was installed.
>>> thanks mc
>>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message

mc

Thanks, that fixed it,
mc
> You actually need to right-click on (default) and choose Delete.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "mc" <wcwall.awm@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Thanks Ramesh,
>> I changed the reg and deleted the default. The data value does not read
>> (Value not set) however,.... there is nothing written at all in the main
>> window.When I right click on modify binary the data window shows 0000 00
>> 00, everything seems to work fine though.
>> mc
>>
>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> .DBX is not associated with any Program, by default. Open Regedit.exe
>>> and
>>> navigate to:
>>>
>>> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.DBX
>>>
>>> Backup the key, and in the right-pane, delete the (default) value so
>>> that it
>>> reads (Value not set)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>>> Windows XP Shell/User
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>>

>>> "mc" <wcwall.awm@verizon.net> wrote in message

You're welcome!

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

> Thanks, that fixed it,
> mc
>> You actually need to right-click on (default) and choose Delete.
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "mc" <wcwall.awm@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> Thanks Ramesh,
>>> I changed the reg and deleted the default. The data value does not read
>>> (Value not set) however,.... there is nothing written at all in the main
>>> window.When I right click on modify binary the data window shows 0000
>>> 00 00, everything seems to work fine though.
>>> mc
>>>
>>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message

TRENDING THREADS