Install Error

April 20, 2005 4:59:43 AM

In Windows XP, when attempting to reinstall Norton AntiVirus 2004 from the
manufacturer's CD, I receive the following message:

"Error 1324. The folder path 'My Pictures' contains an invalid character".
Therefore, it cannot install the program.

Please advise.

More about : install error

Anonymous
April 20, 2005 4:59:44 AM

Advice: http://www.symantec.com

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"

"Robert Sharon" <rcsharon@att.net> wrote in message
> In Windows XP, when attempting to reinstall Norton AntiVirus 2004 from the
> manufacturer's CD, I receive the following message:
>
> "Error 1324. The folder path 'My Pictures' contains an invalid character".
> Therefore, it cannot install the program.
>
> Please advise.

Anonymous
April 20, 2005 5:21:18 PM

http://groups.google.co.in/groups?selm=edfjl9zNFHA.164%...

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Robert Sharon" <rcsharon@att.net> wrote in message
> In Windows XP, when attempting to reinstall Norton AntiVirus 2004 from the
> manufacturer's CD, I receive the following message:
>
> "Error 1324. The folder path 'My Pictures' contains an invalid character".
> Therefore, it cannot install the program.
>
> Please advise.

April 25, 2005 11:08:31 PM

I opened the following link and then searched the Registry for 'My Pictures'
at the identified location. However, I could only find 'My Documents' at
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\User Shell
Folders" in the right pane and nothing identified as 'My Pictures'.

http://groups.google.co.in/groups?selm=edfjl9zNFHA.164%...

> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Robert Sharon" <rcsharon@att.net> wrote in message
> > In Windows XP, when attempting to reinstall Norton AntiVirus 2004 from
the
> > manufacturer's CD, I receive the following message:
> >
> > "Error 1324. The folder path 'My Pictures' contains an invalid
character".
> > Therefore, it cannot install the program.
> >
> > Please advise.

Anonymous
April 26, 2005 1:05:57 PM

Robert,

Check the My Pictures path here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell
Folders

If you have plans to redirect the My Pictures folder, then do it here by
creating a new "My Pictures" value:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Robert Sharon" <rcsharon@att.net> wrote in message
news:p ebbe.645094$w62.635365@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
>I opened the following link and then searched the Registry for 'My
>Pictures'
> at the identified location. However, I could only find 'My Documents' at
> "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\User Shell
> Folders" in the right pane and nothing identified as 'My Pictures'.

> http://groups.google.co.in/groups?selm=edfjl9zNFHA.164%...
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Robert Sharon" <rcsharon@att.net> wrote in message
>> > In Windows XP, when attempting to reinstall Norton AntiVirus 2004 from
> the
>> > manufacturer's CD, I receive the following message:
>> >
>> > "Error 1324. The folder path 'My Pictures' contains an invalid
> character".
>> > Therefore, it cannot install the program.
>> >
>> > Please advise.

Anonymous
April 26, 2005 2:35:10 PM

"Error 1324. The folder path 'Documents and Settings' contains an invalid
character" error message when you install Office 2000:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q325069&

Error: "Error 1324: The folder path <folder name> contains an invalid
character" during installation or uninstallation:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/doci...

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Robert Sharon" <rcsharon@att.net> wrote in message
news:p ebbe.645094$w62.635365@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
>I opened the following link and then searched the Registry for 'My
>Pictures'
> at the identified location. However, I could only find 'My Documents' at
> "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\User Shell
> Folders" in the right pane and nothing identified as 'My Pictures'.

> http://groups.google.co.in/groups?selm=edfjl9zNFHA.164%...
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Robert Sharon" <rcsharon@att.net> wrote in message
>> > In Windows XP, when attempting to reinstall Norton AntiVirus 2004 from
> the
>> > manufacturer's CD, I receive the following message:
>> >
>> > "Error 1324. The folder path 'My Pictures' contains an invalid
> character".
>> > Therefore, it cannot install the program.
>> >
>> > Please advise.

Anonymous
May 2, 2005 5:19:00 PM

Robert Sharon wrote:
> In Windows XP, when attempting to reinstall Norton AntiVirus 2004
from the
> manufacturer's CD, I receive the following message:
>
> "Error 1324. The folder path 'My Pictures' contains an invalid
character".
> Therefore, it cannot install the program.
>
> Please advise.

I ran into the same error message when upgrading NAV 2004 to NAV 2005.
Problem was with a mapped network drive that had been disconnected on
the client end due to a permissions change on the share itself. After
re-establishing the drive mapping using the same driver-letter, the
installation began functioning again after I answered the error dialog
box with Retry.

HTH
JMWarden
!