Jonathan

i'm trying to add an xp pro workstation to my windows 2000 advanced domain.
but every time i try to join it errors saying the "server cannot perform the
requested operation" however at the same time i can join a 2000 pro machine
to the same domain with no problem so i know my server is up and running and
working. all other computers running 2000 pro work fine but this one
computer running xp pro that i just installed will not join. any help is
greatly appreciated. if you could respond to email viper4321@hotmail.com it
would be great. but any help is apreciated.

jonathan wrote:
> i'm trying to add an xp pro workstation to my windows 2000 advanced domain.
> but every time i try to join it errors saying the "server cannot perform the
> requested operation" however at the same time i can join a 2000 pro machine
> to the same domain with no problem so i know my server is up and running and
> working. all other computers running 2000 pro work fine but this one
> computer running xp pro that i just installed will not join. any help is
> greatly appreciated. if you could respond to email viper4321@hotmail.com it
> would be great. but any help is apreciated.

Have you turned off the firewall?

--
See what I am selling (if you have nothing better to do that is!!!):
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Smarter-org-uk