Multiple instances of wallpapers

April 20, 2005 12:59:27 PM

When looking at "properties-desktop" I see multiple instances of the same
wallpaper being listed. Of course there is only one such file ion the
Windows folder.
What can I do?

--
_______________________
Daniel Royer

Daniel,

See if they are duplicates of the same image file. For the Display
Properties Background tab, Windows XP fetches the image files from the
following locations:

BMP Files from %Systemroot%

BMP, JPG, GIF, JPE, DIB, PNG, HTM files from the following locations:

%Systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper
%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Pictures (& sub-folders)
%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
%ProgramFiles%\Plus!\Themes (& sub-folders)

If you want to clear a file from that list, move the file away from the
above locations. Type the above paths in Start, Run dialog.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Daniel Royer" <daniel@royer.ch> wrote in message
> When looking at "properties-desktop" I see multiple instances of the same
> wallpaper being listed. Of course there is only one such file ion the
> Windows folder.
> What can I do?
>
> --
> _______________________
> Daniel Royer
> University of Geneva
> daniel at royer dot ch

Anonymous
April 20, 2005 4:55:15 PM

Thanks Ramesh. It worked!

Daniel

--
_______________________
Daniel Royer
> Daniel,
>
> See if they are duplicates of the same image file. For the Display
> Properties Background tab, Windows XP fetches the image files from the
> following locations:
>
> BMP Files from %Systemroot%
>
> BMP, JPG, GIF, JPE, DIB, PNG, HTM files from the following locations:
>
> %Systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper
> %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Pictures (& sub-folders)
> %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
> %ProgramFiles%\Plus!\Themes (& sub-folders)
>
> If you want to clear a file from that list, move the file away from the
> above locations. Type the above paths in Start, Run dialog.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Daniel Royer" <daniel@royer.ch> wrote in message
>> When looking at "properties-desktop" I see multiple instances of the same
>> wallpaper being listed. Of course there is only one such file ion the
>> Windows folder.
>> What can I do?
>>
>> --
>> Daniel Royer