MN-720 Drivers

I need to download the latest drivers for my MN-720. However, there is no
longer any information about MS broadband equipment or a driver link for the
equipment. Please tell where I can find the drivers for the MN-720.
14 answers Last reply
More about drivers

    You're right, the pages have disappeared.

    After a long search, I finally found a link for you!
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=6790

    Save the software carefully, you may never see it again after today!
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "NoWayJose" <no.way@jose.com> wrote in message
    >I need to download the latest drivers for my MN-720. However, there is no
    > longer any information about MS broadband equipment or a driver link for
    > the
    > equipment. Please tell where I can find the drivers for the MN-720.

    Thanks, Cari.

    Any idea why my desktop's MN-730 PCI adapter insists on calling itself an
    MN-720 notebook adaptor?
    Will there ever be a WPA2 or firmware update for the MN-720/MN-730?

    Regards,
    Chip

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > You're right, the pages have disappeared.
    >
    > After a long search, I finally found a link for you!
    > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=6790
    >
    > Save the software carefully, you may never see it again after today!
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "NoWayJose" <no.way@jose.com> wrote in message
    > >I need to download the latest drivers for my MN-720. However, there is no
    > > longer any information about MS broadband equipment or a driver link for
    > > the
    > > equipment. Please tell where I can find the drivers for the MN-720.

    Microsoft stopped making the networking hardware in April, 2004. I serious
    doubt they're going to supply any further updates since that section was
    disbanded..
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "ofelas" <ofelas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks, Cari.
    >
    > Any idea why my desktop's MN-730 PCI adapter insists on calling itself an
    > MN-720 notebook adaptor?
    > Will there ever be a WPA2 or firmware update for the MN-720/MN-730?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Chip
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> You're right, the pages have disappeared.
    >>
    >> After a long search, I finally found a link for you!
    >> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=6790
    >>
    >> Save the software carefully, you may never see it again after today!
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP)
    >> Printing & Imaging
    >>

    >> "NoWayJose" <no.way@jose.com> wrote in message
    >> >I need to download the latest drivers for my MN-720. However, there is
    >> >no
    >> > longer any information about MS broadband equipment or a driver link
    >> > for
    >> > the
    >> > equipment. Please tell where I can find the drivers for the MN-720.

    So why has MS removed info about their wireless products?

    Those two cards (MN730/720) share the same driver set...

    Doesn't really help you, but at least that's a bit of background for you...

    --
    Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

    Find out about the MS MVP Program -

    "ofelas" <ofelas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks, Cari.
    >
    > Any idea why my desktop's MN-730 PCI adapter insists on calling itself an
    > MN-720 notebook adaptor?
    > Will there ever be a WPA2 or firmware update for the MN-720/MN-730?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Chip
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> You're right, the pages have disappeared.
    >>
    >> After a long search, I finally found a link for you!
    >> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=6790
    >>
    >> Save the software carefully, you may never see it again after today!
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP)
    >> Printing & Imaging
    >>

    >> "NoWayJose" <no.way@jose.com> wrote in message
    >> >I need to download the latest drivers for my MN-720. However, there is
    >> >no
    >> > longer any information about MS broadband equipment or a driver link
    >> > for
    >> > the
    >> > equipment. Please tell where I can find the drivers for the MN-720.

    Thanks Chris & Jason; I guess I'm SOL as far as updated or WPA-2 drivers go,
    then...

    "Jason Tsang" wrote:

    > Those two cards (MN730/720) share the same driver set...
    >
    > Doesn't really help you, but at least that's a bit of background for you...
    >
    > --
    > Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP
    >
    > Find out about the MS MVP Program -
    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
    >
    > "ofelas" <ofelas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Thanks, Cari.
    > >
    > > Any idea why my desktop's MN-730 PCI adapter insists on calling itself an
    > > MN-720 notebook adaptor?
    > > Will there ever be a WPA2 or firmware update for the MN-720/MN-730?
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Chip
    > >
    > > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    > >
    > >> You're right, the pages have disappeared.
    > >>
    > >> After a long search, I finally found a link for you!
    > >> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=6790
    > >>
    > >> Save the software carefully, you may never see it again after today!
    > >> --
    > >> Cari (MS-MVP)
    > >> Printing & Imaging
    > >>

    > >> "NoWayJose" <no.way@jose.com> wrote in message

    Not necessarily. Check out Barb Bowman's blog:
    http://www.mcemvp.us/bbowman/ Remember, though, you're going to need a
    router which is WPA-2 compatible, and if you blow away your wireless adapter
    or computer, it is your problem since what she talks about is totally
    unsupported.
    --

    > Thanks Chris & Jason; I guess I'm SOL as far as updated or WPA-2 drivers
    > go,
    > then...
    >
    > "Jason Tsang" wrote:
    >
    >> Those two cards (MN730/720) share the same driver set...
    >>
    >> Doesn't really help you, but at least that's a bit of background for
    >> you...
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP
    >>
    >> Find out about the MS MVP Program -
    >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
    >>
    >> "ofelas" <ofelas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Thanks, Cari.
    >> >
    >> > Any idea why my desktop's MN-730 PCI adapter insists on calling itself
    >> > an
    >> > MN-720 notebook adaptor?
    >> > Will there ever be a WPA2 or firmware update for the MN-720/MN-730?
    >> >
    >> > Regards,
    >> > Chip

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

    Thanks; however, Ms. Bowman's link appears to be invalid as of 14:22 EST...

    "Chris H." wrote:

    > Not necessarily. Check out Barb Bowman's blog:
    > http://www.mcemvp.us/bbowman/ Remember, though, you're going to need a
    > router which is WPA-2 compatible, and if you blow away your wireless adapter
    > or computer, it is your problem since what she talks about is totally
    > unsupported.
    > --
    > Chris H.
    > Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    > Associate Expert
    >

    > "ofelas" <ofelas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Thanks Chris & Jason; I guess I'm SOL as far as updated or WPA-2 drivers
    > > go,
    > > then...
    > >
    > > "Jason Tsang" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Those two cards (MN730/720) share the same driver set...
    > >>
    > >> Doesn't really help you, but at least that's a bit of background for
    > >> you...
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP
    > >>
    > >> Find out about the MS MVP Program -
    > >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
    > >>
    > >> "ofelas" <ofelas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

    The link I posted is probably broken because you're using the web-based
    newsgroup interface instead of a real news reader to access the newsgroups.
    It works fine here. Try just typing in the link in your browser instead of
    clicking on it.

    And if you have no reason (like the boss won't let you), you can use a
    regular news reader program (like Outlook Express, which comes with every
    Windows installation) to access ALL Microsoft's newsgroups by setting up the
    server - msnews.microsoft.com - for a News account. You can then access any
    of the product groups without signing in, no password, and they're free to
    anyone around the world.

    That would allow you to do such things as "hide read messages" so you don't
    need to slog through everything to find a thread of interest. You can also
    color code you own messages, watch certain threads, etc., by setting rules.
    --

    > Thanks; however, Ms. Bowman's link appears to be invalid as of 14:22
    > EST...
    >
    > "Chris H." wrote:
    >
    >> Not necessarily. Check out Barb Bowman's blog:
    >> http://www.mcemvp.us/bbowman/ Remember, though, you're going to need a
    >> router which is WPA-2 compatible, and if you blow away your wireless
    >> adapter
    >> or computer, it is your problem since what she talks about is totally
    >> unsupported.
    >> --
    >> Chris H.
    >> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    >> Associate Expert
    >>

    >> "ofelas" <ofelas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Thanks Chris & Jason; I guess I'm SOL as far as updated or WPA-2
    >> > drivers
    >> > go,
    >> > then...

  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

    try this link
    http://www.mcemvp.us/bbowman/How+To+Enable+WPA2+For+The+Microsoft+Wireless+PC+Card++MN720+On+Windows+XP+SP2.aspx

    On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:26:09 -0700, ofelas
    <ofelas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Thanks; however, Ms. Bowman's link appears to be invalid as of 14:22 EST...
    >
    >"Chris H." wrote:
    >
    >> Not necessarily. Check out Barb Bowman's blog:
    >> http://www.mcemvp.us/bbowman/ Remember, though, you're going to need a
    >> router which is WPA-2 compatible, and if you blow away your wireless adapter
    >> or computer, it is your problem since what she talks about is totally
    >> unsupported.
    >> --
    >> Chris H.
    >> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    >> Associate Expert
    >>

    >> "ofelas" <ofelas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Thanks Chris & Jason; I guess I'm SOL as far as updated or WPA-2 drivers
    >> > go,
    >> > then...

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP
    Expert Zone Columnist
    http://www.mcemvp.us/bbowman/
  11. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

    Thanks; so, i reckon the MN-720/MN-730 use a Broadcom chipset similar to the
    Truemobile 1470 in my Precision M70 notebook...

    "Barb Bowman MVP-Windows" wrote:

    > try this link
    > http://www.mcemvp.us/bbowman/How+To+Enable+WPA2+For+The+Microsoft+Wireless+PC+Card++MN720+On+Windows+XP+SP2.aspx
    >

    > On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:26:09 -0700, ofelas
    > <ofelas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Thanks; however, Ms. Bowman's link appears to be invalid as of 14:22 EST...
    > >
    > >"Chris H." wrote:
    > >
    > >> Not necessarily. Check out Barb Bowman's blog:
    > >> http://www.mcemvp.us/bbowman/ Remember, though, you're going to need a
    > >> router which is WPA-2 compatible, and if you blow away your wireless adapter
    > >> or computer, it is your problem since what she talks about is totally
    > >> unsupported.
    > >> --
    > >> Chris H.
    > >> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    > >> Tablet Creations - http://nicecreations.us/
    > >> Associate Expert
    > >> Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    > >>

    > >> "ofelas" <ofelas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > --
    >
    > Barb Bowman
    > MS Windows-MVP
    > Expert Zone Columnist
    > http://www.mcemvp.us/bbowman/

  12. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

    Almost forgot - here's the updated driver for the TrueMobile
    1300/1350/1370/1400/1450/1470; this update adds SmartCard support, TPM
    support & IBSS lockout.
    http://ftp.us.dell.com/network/R102320.EXE

    "ofelas" wrote:

    > Thanks; so, i reckon the MN-720/MN-730 use a Broadcom chipset similar to the
    > Truemobile 1470 in my Precision M70 notebook...
    >
    > "Barb Bowman MVP-Windows" wrote:
    >
    > > try this link
    > > http://www.mcemvp.us/bbowman/How+To+Enable+WPA2+For+The+Microsoft+Wireless+PC+Card++MN720+On+Windows+XP+SP2.aspx
    > >

    > > On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:26:09 -0700, ofelas
    > > <ofelas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Thanks; however, Ms. Bowman's link appears to be invalid as of 14:22 EST...

    > > --
    > >
    > > Barb Bowman
    > > MS Windows-MVP
    > > Expert Zone Columnist
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/bowman.mspx
    > > http://www.mcemvp.us/bbowman/

  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

    The link didn't work when I tried it from OE last night.
    Now it does, must have been a glitch on the server.

    Regards
    Mark Dormer

    "Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > The link I posted is probably broken because you're using the web-based
    > newsgroup interface instead of a real news reader to access the
    > newsgroups. It works fine here. Try just typing in the link in your
    > browser instead of clicking on it.
    >
    > And if you have no reason (like the boss won't let you), you can use a
    > regular news reader program (like Outlook Express, which comes with every
    > Windows installation) to access ALL Microsoft's newsgroups by setting up
    > the server - msnews.microsoft.com - for a News account. You can then
    > access any of the product groups without signing in, no password, and
    > they're free to anyone around the world.
    >
    > That would allow you to do such things as "hide read messages" so you
    > don't need to slog through everything to find a thread of interest. You
    > can also color code you own messages, watch certain threads, etc., by
    > setting rules.
    > --
    > Chris H.
    > Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    > Associate Expert
    >

    > "ofelas" <ofelas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Thanks; however, Ms. Bowman's link appears to be invalid as of 14:22
    >> EST...
    >>
    >> "Chris H." wrote:
    >>
    >>> Not necessarily. Check out Barb Bowman's blog:
    >>> http://www.mcemvp.us/bbowman/ Remember, though, you're going to need a
    >>> router which is WPA-2 compatible, and if you blow away your wireless
    >>> adapter
    >>> or computer, it is your problem since what she talks about is totally
    >>> unsupported.
    >>> --
    >>> Chris H.
    >>> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    >>> Tablet Creations - http://nicecreations.us/
    >>> Associate Expert
    >>> Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    >>>

    >>> "ofelas" <ofelas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

  14. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

    We often see "broken" links on the web-based interface, Mark. I check links
    before I post them, to make sure they're active and haven't changed. 8-)
    --

    "Mark Dormer" <markd@mvpsx.org> wrote in message
    > The link didn't work when I tried it from OE last night.
    > Now it does, must have been a glitch on the server.
    >

    > Regards
    > Mark Dormer
    >
    > "Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> The link I posted is probably broken because you're using the web-based
    >> newsgroup interface instead of a real news reader to access the
    >> newsgroups. It works fine here. Try just typing in the link in your
    >> browser instead of clicking on it.
    >>
    >> And if you have no reason (like the boss won't let you), you can use a
    >> regular news reader program (like Outlook Express, which comes with every
    >> Windows installation) to access ALL Microsoft's newsgroups by setting up
    >> the server - msnews.microsoft.com - for a News account. You can then
    >> access any of the product groups without signing in, no password, and
    >> they're free to anyone around the world.
    >>
    >> That would allow you to do such things as "hide read messages" so you
    >> don't need to slog through everything to find a thread of interest. You
    >> can also color code you own messages, watch certain threads, etc., by
    >> setting rules.
    >> --
    >> Chris H.
    >> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    >> Associate Expert
    >>

    >> "ofelas" <ofelas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> Thanks; however, Ms. Bowman's link appears to be invalid as of 14:22
    >>> EST...

Routers Hardware Download Drivers Microsoft Networking