NTLDR is missing - but only once

About 2 months ago I installed a new hard drive into my computer.
About a fortnight later I got my first "NTDLR is missing" error on
booting up. It crops up about once every 10 days or so now, and each
time I simply Ctrl/Alt/Del and it boots up perfectly.

Having looked through some of the posts here it seems that it's all
about being unable to boot at all due to this error. As I am getting
it sporadically and not having a permanent problem, I am wondering if
I am on a slippery slope to a larger problem, or if there is a simple
solution to deal with this.

With apologies if this has been addressed, and thanks for any help,
MkS

"Mad King Soup" <madkingsoup@gmail.com> wrote in message
> About 2 months ago I installed a new hard drive into my computer.
> About a fortnight later I got my first "NTDLR is missing" error on
> booting up. It crops up about once every 10 days or so now, and each
> time I simply Ctrl/Alt/Del and it boots up perfectly.
>
> Having looked through some of the posts here it seems that it's all
> about being unable to boot at all due to this error. As I am getting
> it sporadically and not having a permanent problem, I am wondering if
> I am on a slippery slope to a larger problem, or if there is a simple
> solution to deal with this.
>
> With apologies if this has been addressed, and thanks for any help,
> MkS

Bad ram or a failing hard drive or controller can cause this. Ram is more
likely. Go to www.memtest.org and get memtest86+. Let it run overnight and
see if you get any errors.

Kerry

NTLDR Missing