Valaire

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
The past few weeks now, my computer has had a very disturbing problem. Whenever I entered BF1942, and I got into a tank, it would display pink and green lines all across my screen. Reboot and it's gone, but I can make it appear more often by getting in a tank, so there is some kind of pattern. Now today it is doing it in Counter-strike as well, which is the least intensive graphical game I have.

I at first thought my monitor was dying because that'd be preferable thought than my Radeon 9700 dying.

Whenever it happens, sometimes if I go back to desktop it's still there, and sometimes (rarely) it happens just on my desktop with no game running, and sometimes opening a browser corrects it. Only other thing I can think of is that I upgraded from Cataylst 3.10 to 4.3 a week and a half ago. I feel that, however, this problem started about 3 months ago, but is much worse.

Video: ATI Radeon 9700 Pro (1.3 years old)
Monitor: Sceptre 19" CRT (5 years old)

Anyone know what this sounds like or how to fix it?

Thanks,
Chad

Valaire

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
Mid-january. I'll get to that now. And a clean install would be a little bit of a pain, because I customize my start menu (I hate how Windows organizes things), and have a lot of productivity applications.

Obviously if I need to, I will though.

Thanks for help.

Valaire

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
Just a little side note: that pinkish hue likes to appear on my desktop icon pictures. They all have pink lines running down the middle of them and rebooting doesn't make it go away, although I think with time it will go away for awhile.