Question for Playchoice owners

Does the Playchoice run on a timer only? I seem to remember reading in
the past that it runs on a timer rather than allowing you to finish your
game based on the number of players you have left. Is it true that if
on freeplay the timer function (if truly how the credit option works) is
cancelled?

I am looking to pick up something like a Playchoice, VS system, or Neo
Geo for the kids to play some games - any preferences on the system?

Thanks,
Greg

Can's see how that would be possible as each game is different and info
like # of players left, etc is stored in different memory locations
depending on the game.

Yes it runs on a timer. on free play the timer read 9999 and never
decrements.

BTW I have project dual monitor PC10 for sale in Norwalk, CT 06854

What age are the kids?

My nephews LOVE the PlayChoice 10 because they grew up playing these
game on the Famicom. They remember all the secret stuff in all 3 Mario
Bros.

I like Tyson's Punch-Out!! but it is not as cool as the real
Punch-Out!! which is why I bought the big duall monitor cabinet. I
just never got to converting it.