gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I currently have ME on my computer and am attempting a clean install of XP.
After the CD boots, the install becomes stuck while setup is loading windows
(which is the 3rd step in the process, immediately after being asked to
install any third party or RAID drivers and after the "initiate automated
system recovery"). I have restareted the computer 3 times however I keep
encoountering the same problem. Any suggestions.

--
Thanks
Gary

Gary, did you do a Hardware Compatibility Check? Is your hard drive
connected to a Raid Controller channel and not to
a Primary or Secondary IDE channel?
"Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I currently have ME on my computer and am attempting a clean install of XP.
> After the CD boots, the install becomes stuck while setup is loading
> windows
> (which is the 3rd step in the process, immediately after being asked to
> install any third party or RAID drivers and after the "initiate automated
> system recovery"). I have restareted the computer 3 times however I keep
> encoountering the same problem. Any suggestions.
>
> --
> Thanks
> Gary

TRENDING THREADS