jeffrey

Distinguished
May 4, 2001

There are a number of files in the Doc & Settings/user name/Local
Settings/Temp.
Also if there are any in the Admin area can they also be deleted.
Can I delete these files and folders without compromising Windows XP?

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:2BD57D9B-2C88-44DC-A04F-0AB0070DFE30@microsoft.com,
Jeffrey <Jeffrey@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> There are a number of files in the Doc & Settings/user name/Local
> Settings/Temp.
> Also if there are any in the Admin area can they also be deleted.
> Can I delete these files and folders without compromising Windows XP?

Yes and it's recommended that you do so on occasion.

http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/system/fwdiskclean.html

Something there might suit your fancy and make it easier for you.

Galen

jeffrey

Distinguished
May 4, 2001

Thanks

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:2BD57D9B-2C88-44DC-A04F-0AB0070DFE30@microsoft.com,
> Jeffrey <Jeffrey@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> > There are a number of files in the Doc & Settings/user name/Local
> > Settings/Temp.
> > Also if there are any in the Admin area can they also be deleted.
> > Can I delete these files and folders without compromising Windows XP?
>
> Yes and it's recommended that you do so on occasion.
>
> http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/system/fwdiskclean.html
>
> Something there might suit your fancy and make it easier for you.
>
> Galen
> --
> Signature changed for a moment of silence.
> Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:38FC8680-DBAF-420D-B513-702005C4E867@microsoft.com,