Help: default home page is PASTHISON.COM

G

A friend sent me an e-mail that took me to some supposedly entertaining link run by INTERNET SPAMMER "SANFORD WALLACE" the notorious spammer who is involved with this program at
passthison.com

What people don't realize is that they are HARVESTING e-mail addresses that they sell to spammers who will bug us to death, according to an article in Business Week.

This ROGUE SITE has installed something on my computer that keeps changing my default home page back to THEIR SITE!

I changed it to about:blank but then a fe whours later they reinstall their site as my defauilt home page in
INTERNET EXPLORER.

Can someone suggest a fix for getting rid of this insipid irritation?

See:

http://www.businessweek.com/ebiz/0009/el0901.htm

G

Sounds to me like it might be an issue with cookies.
If you are using windows try running that little disk cleanup program that comes with windows. Another option is going to your options under your web browser and clearing out your temporary internet files folder.

That should work.

G

Avtually that was not it. I tried all of those things. What I DID do tha fixed this annoying problem was to REMOVE a file called reg.hta that these bastards at www.passthison.com had somehow placed in my "START MENU" folder, and this ran some sort of html script that changed my settings again each time the computer would boot up!

You live and learn!

Lowlypawn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
That’s one fugly site. It also dose that annoying thing of opening a new window every time u try to close one. Thx for the warning.

Cya