Cannot burn CD's using ANY program!?

All of a sudden, I am no longer able to burn any CD's at all. It
doesn't matter what program I use, be it Nero, Adaptec, Windows Media
Player, Deep Burner, etc. NOTHING WILL WORK!

They all will just stop before the "Lead-In" is even written and just
state "WRITE ERROR" or "WRITER ERROR". WMP gives a little more info
by giving the error 0xC00D11AB, but I've Googled this to death and no
one has any answers other then to try a different burning program,
such as Nero, which I obviously have done already.

Does anyone know what the heck is going on here? It is very
frustrating, especially since it just happened over night.

THANKS!:)

On 20 Apr 2005 08:01:52 -0700, deanbrnz@yahoo.ca (bigbossfan80) wrote:
>All of a sudden, I am no longer able to burn any CD's at all. It
>frustrating, especially since it just happened over night.

Have you tried replacing the drive? Hardware DOES malfunction

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

Byte

C00D11AB: Cannot burn files to CD
Windows Media Player cannot burn (copy) the selected files to the CD. To fix
the problem, do one or more of the following:
Clean the disc and verify that it is not damaged.
Select a slower recording (write) speed for the CD burner (recorder).
Try a different brand of blank discs.
Quit other programs.

To select a slower recording speed
On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Devices tab.
In Devices, double-click the name of the CD burner (recorder), and then
click the Recording tab.
In the write-speed list, select a slower speed.

"bigbossfan80" wrote:

> All of a sudden, I am no longer able to burn any CD's at all. It
> doesn't matter what program I use, be it Nero, Adaptec, Windows Media
> Player, Deep Burner, etc. NOTHING WILL WORK!
>
> They all will just stop before the "Lead-In" is even written and just
> state "WRITE ERROR" or "WRITER ERROR". WMP gives a little more info
> by giving the error 0xC00D11AB, but I've Googled this to death and no
> one has any answers other then to try a different burning program,
> such as Nero, which I obviously have done already.
>
> Does anyone know what the heck is going on here? It is very
> frustrating, especially since it just happened over night.
>
> THANKS!:)

Yes, I'm aware of those stupid fixes that Windows Media Player gives
for that error message, but none of them are useful or actually fix the
problem.

And Hardware malfunctions are normally gradual are they not? The
burner was working at night, I go to bed, wake up, and now it doesn't
work!?? So having the drive just sitting their doing nothing and
idling for 8 hours somehow caused it to malfuntion? That doesn't
appear to make much sense...

deanbrnz@yahoo.ca wrote:

> Yes, I'm aware of those stupid fixes that Windows Media Player gives
> for that error message, but none of them are useful or actually fix the
> problem.
>
> And Hardware malfunctions are normally gradual are they not?

NO!

Hardware failure is Right Now !!!
products that are Electronic Either work or they donnot work..

Mechanical product useully Go out Gradually.

U can get Cd-rw drive for $19.00 Now !!