Xp installation problem in a laptop

HI...

This is my system’s configuration...mercury laptop...centrion
processor, 256 ddr ram,20 gb harddisk, xp with sp2 os.

The system came with xp installtion. As the system is very slow these
days, i thought of installing xp again. As OS is sitting in the c
drive, (the first drive out of four), i decided to format it and
install the os again.

So, after inserting the bootable xp cd in to the cd rom, it started
copying the system files.After copying those files, it’s aking for
whether to repair the previous installtion or to install a fresh copy
of the xp or to quit form the installtion.At this screen, the system
is turning off with a beap sound.
I tried to install the os many times.But at the same place it’s facing
the some problem.

I tried with win 2k and server 2003 also. The same problem persists.
But the system is working fine but the installtion is not sucessful.

Someone plz help. Thanks in advance.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Xp-installation-problem-laptop-ftopict360568.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1146625

Boot to the XP setup CD, and press 'r' for recovery console, run the command : CHKDSK C: /R

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"subbareddyv" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> HI...
>
> This is my system's configuration...mercury laptop...centrion
> processor, 256 ddr ram,20 gb harddisk, xp with sp2 os.
>
> The system came with xp installtion. As the system is very slow these
> days, i thought of installing xp again. As OS is sitting in the c
> drive, (the first drive out of four), i decided to format it and
> install the os again.
>
> So, after inserting the bootable xp cd in to the cd rom, it started
> copying the system files.After copying those files, it's aking for
> whether to repair the previous installtion or to install a fresh copy
> of the xp or to quit form the installtion.At this screen, the system
> is turning off with a beap sound.
> I tried to install the os many times.But at the same place it's facing
> the some problem.
>
> I tried with win 2k and server 2003 also. The same problem persists.
> But the system is working fine but the installtion is not sucessful.
>
> Someone plz help. Thanks in advance.

> Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Xp-installation-problem-laptop-ftopict360568.html
> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1146625

TRENDING THREADS