*HELP* where can i find a list of all video game consoles

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: rec.games.misc,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.misc,rec.video (More info?)

from atari upto and including the current big 3 (ps, nintendo, xbox) ?

i've got:
atari 2600 - 5200 - 7800 - lynx - jaguar
nintendo nes snes n64 gb gamecube
sega master genesis (portable?)
nec turbo16
neogeo ?
phillips cd-i
cd32 (amiga?)
intellivision (clones?)
colecovision
vectrex
bally arcade
magnavox oddessy
etc.

any other info (primary manufacturer, make and model, programming guide,
games list, tech specs, etc.) would also be appreciated.

--
Woodzy
http://www.rtdos.com/forum

Archived from groups: rec.games.misc,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.misc,rec.video (More info?)

I have pretty a pretty comprehensive list of of pre-21st century US
consoles--including the dedicated "Pong"-type systems-- in my book
("The Official Price Guide to Classic Video Games", Random House,
2004). Has a lot of history on all of the 70s and 80s stuff, console
variations, and game lists for cartridge-based systems prior to 1984.
The book is really more of a "collector's guide" than a "price
guide"--though there are prices listed as well. Just don't pre-judge
based on the title (which I didn't choose).

Details on the book (including where to pick up a copy) are on my site.

-Dave Ellis
http://www.davesclassicarcade.com

"Dave Ellis" <ellis_1701@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Details on the book (including where to pick up a copy) are on my site.

WOW!!!

Its a start, thanks!!!

Archived from groups: rec.games.misc,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.misc,rec.video (More info?)

Why not grab a copy of the Digital Press book? Not only does it cover
consoles, but it covers the games to some extent as well. I believe you can
find it via www.atariage.com

Chris

"cnlmoore" <cnlmoore@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Why not grab a copy of the Digital Press book? Not only does it cover
> consoles, but it covers the games to some extent as well. I believe you
can
> find it via www.atariage.com

I will thanks. But are there online resources as well ?

?

> i've got:
> atari 2600 - 5200 - 7800 - lynx - jaguar
> nintendo nes snes n64 gb gamecube
> sega master genesis (portable?)
> nec turbo16
> neogeo ?
> phillips cd-i
> cd32 (amiga?)
> intellivision (clones?)
> colecovision
> vectrex
> bally arcade
> magnavox oddessy
> etc.
>
> any other info (primary manufacturer, make and model, programming
guide,
> games list, tech specs, etc.) would also be appreciated.
>

> --
> Woodzy
> http://www.rtdos.com/forum

Here you go
http://www.allgame.com

This is the best site has everything you are looking for.
Systems,games, info, history and more.

Enjoy

Ren,