Tech: Tekken 4 DVD drive bad

Hi All,
Have a Tekken 4 (Namco sys 246) with a bad drive in it. What drive can
I use to replace the bad drive? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
-Mike
4 answers Last reply
More about tech tekken drive

    Namco made sure that we send these boards in for service when the drives go
    bad.... If you send it in now they will replace the drive and security
    dongle for around $500.00. When the drive fails again in the future you will
    be able to use any off the shelf drive because of the new security dongle.

    Matt

    "Mike" <coins2play@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    > Have a Tekken 4 (Namco sys 246) with a bad drive in it. What drive can
    > I use to replace the bad drive? Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks!
    > -Mike

    I don't understand why you can't swap drives... what's special about the
    namco one?

    "Matt Mac Donagh" <gamefixer@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Namco made sure that we send these boards in for service when the drives
    go
    > bad.... If you send it in now they will replace the drive and security
    > dongle for around $500.00. When the drive fails again in the future you
    will
    > be able to use any off the shelf drive because of the new security dongle.
    >
    > Matt
    >
    > "Mike" <coins2play@aol.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi All,
    > > Have a Tekken 4 (Namco sys 246) with a bad drive in it. What drive can
    > > I use to replace the bad drive? Any help would be appreciated.
    > >
    > > Thanks!
    > > -Mike

    But for 500$!

    You are almost better off buying another working one off e-bay.. they've
    been around 250$ or so..

    Brian Emmel
    "matt" <gamefixer@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Special firmware that the security dongle looks for. Lots of people
    bitches
    > so Namco rewrote the dongle to not look for the firmware.
    >
    > --
    > Matt
    > M and M Electronics
    > 6661 Stanford Ranch Road
    > Suite F, PMB 105
    > Rocklin, Ca 95677
    > 916-275-5871
    > "Shatter Proof" <shatter_proof@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > >I don't understand why you can't swap drives... what's special about the
    > > namco one?
    > >

    > > "Matt Mac Donagh" <gamefixer@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> Namco made sure that we send these boards in for service when the
    drives
    > > go
    > >> bad.... If you send it in now they will replace the drive and security
    > >> dongle for around $500.00. When the drive fails again in the future you
    > > will
    > >> be able to use any off the shelf drive because of the new security
    > >> dongle.
    > >>
    > >> Matt
    > >>
    > >> "Mike" <coins2play@aol.com> wrote in message

    that's insane....

    Do they not warrenty their work for 90 days or something?

    >I agree. Namco really puts the screws to you on board repairs. Oh, then the
    >repairs fail 3 weeks later. Here's the breakdown...
    >
    > $350.00 for the new dongle, $75.00 for the new drive and $75.00 in labor
    > to install the new drive and dongle.
    >
    > F NAMCO!
    > --
    > Matt
    > M and M Electronics
    > 6661 Stanford Ranch Road
    > Suite F, PMB 105
    > Rocklin, Ca 95677
    > 916-275-5871
    > "Shatter Proof" <shatter_proof@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >> But for 500$!
    >>
    >> You are almost better off buying another working one off e-bay.. they've
    >> been around 250$ or so..
    >>
    >> Brian Emmel
    >> "matt" <gamefixer@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Special firmware that the security dongle looks for. Lots of people
    >> bitches
    >>> so Namco rewrote the dongle to not look for the firmware.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Matt
    >>> M and M Electronics
    >>> 6661 Stanford Ranch Road