problem !!! on ipconfig command in win xp professional

Hi!
I am using windows xp professional in my PC. I have Internet in
my home.I am connecting internet with my pc.
I want to know TCP/IP address from command prompt.
So I hae typed "ipconfig" command in command prompt.I have also tried by
typing "ipconfig /all".
But It is not showing me any information about TCP/IP address .
It is not showing any error also.
It shows one message that "Windows IP Configaration"
would you help me to solve this problem?
waiting for your reply.....................................

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

go right into the command screen, dont type it from the run...type cmd from
run, hit enter....should work fine.

Steve

"rxp" wrote:

> Hi!
> I am using windows xp professional in my PC. I have Internet in
> my home.I am connecting internet with my pc.
> I want to know TCP/IP address from command prompt.
> So I hae typed "ipconfig" command in command prompt.I have also tried by
> typing "ipconfig /all".
> But It is not showing me any information about TCP/IP address .
> It is not showing any error also.
> It shows one message that "Windows IP Configaration"
> would you help me to solve this problem?

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

sounds like network config error....not getting an ip address...do you have
the stack set to automatically assign ip addr ?