HI, thanks for any info you can provide. I recently gave my brother my
laptop and he didn't like the fact that my name was platered all over the
place, so he said someone told him to go into the register and search for my
name and change it to his.

Was that the wrong thing to do, he claims all seems to be working, but he's
lost some information and programs.

Thanks again for input.

Me

811151 - How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811151

To re-register windows, go to start/run, and type: REGWIZ /R
--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509