XP "Home Edition" log on question

This is sort of a follow up to an earlier post, but I'm curious as to the
following...

If one has XP Home Edition, and has the boot up/log on set to the Welcome
Screen (instead of ctrl + alt + del), so that you just click on a
user/profile to log onto the machine, is it possible to, once logged on, to
delete all the profiles you have set up, including the one your logged onto?

For example, say there's the owner profile/log on, and you've created a
second one (will call it "test"). Can you, logged on as owner, delete not
only the test log on (in user manager), but also the "owner" one as well, so
that next time you boot up the machine to the welcome screen, there are no
logon options?

Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks,

Jim

"jkotsonas" <jkotsonas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is sort of a follow up to an earlier post, but I'm curious as to
> the
> following...
>
> If one has XP Home Edition, and has the boot up/log on set to the
> Welcome
> Screen (instead of ctrl + alt + del), so that you just click on a
> user/profile to log onto the machine, is it possible to, once logged
> on, to
> delete all the profiles you have set up, including the one your logged
> onto?
>
> For example, say there's the owner profile/log on, and you've created
> second one (will call it "test"). Can you, logged on as owner, delete
> not
> only the test log on (in user manager), but also the "owner" one as
> well, so
> that next time you boot up the machine to the welcome screen, there
> are no
> logon options?
>
> Hopefully that makes sense.

You can only delete the accounts that you are not logged into.

How to turn on automatic logon in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315231

--
William

That's what I thought, but nice to have confirmation.

Thanks!

> "WTC" wrote:
>
>> "jkotsonas" <jkotsonas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > This is sort of a follow up to an earlier post, but I'm curious as
>> > the
>> > following...
>> >
>> > If one has XP Home Edition, and has the boot up/log on set to the
>> > Welcome
>> > Screen (instead of ctrl + alt + del), so that you just click on a
>> > user/profile to log onto the machine, is it possible to, once
>> > logged
>> > on, to
>> > delete all the profiles you have set up, including the one your
>> > logged
>> > onto?
>> >
>> > For example, say there's the owner profile/log on, and you've
>> > created
>> > second one (will call it "test"). Can you, logged on as owner,
>> > delete
>> > not
>> > only the test log on (in user manager), but also the "owner" one as
>> > well, so
>> > that next time you boot up the machine to the welcome screen, there
>> > are no
>> > logon options?
>> >
>> > Hopefully that makes sense.
>> >

>> You can only delete the accounts that you are not logged into.
>>
>> How to turn on automatic logon in Windows XP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315231
>>
> That's what I thought, but nice to have confirmation.
>
> Thanks!>>

You're welcome.

--
William